View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2010, 09:15 AM
OMG, I so hope you find him a home before they do that dreadful thing by the poor boy. I am so sorry that I cannot help. Everything crossed for this lad xxxx
kingbenny
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-06-2010, 09:27 AM
I should add that this is a friend of a friend face_book type deal so I don't know the owners or the dog personally. I'm going to try and phone some local rescues and normally I would offer him a short term home but I'm moving this week so its just not possible. I'm not holding out a lot of hope on the local rescues as the owners say they have already tried. Its just distressing to see this at the last minute when you know he has not done anything wrong. As far as I'm aware he has been referred to as a suitable guard type dog but without knowing his temprment myself I couldn't say if this is the case. From the photos he looks like he has been used to life as a house dog. I know I'm not going to be able to think of anything else today now....
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2010, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by kingbenny View Post
I should add that this is a friend of a friend face_book type deal so I don't know the owners or the dog personally. I'm going to try and phone some local rescues and normally I would offer him a short term home but I'm moving this week so its just not possible. I'm not holding out a lot of hope on the local rescues as the owners say they have already tried. Its just distressing to see this at the last minute when you know he has not done anything wrong. As far as I'm aware he has been referred to as a suitable guard type dog but without knowing his temprment myself I couldn't say if this is the case. From the photos he looks like he has been used to life as a house dog. I know I'm not going to be able to think of anything else today now....
That makes it worse if he has been used to a life as a pet/companion and now they are pushing him out as a "guard type" dog. Dont they realise what a sad miserable life some of those dogs lead. Poor poor dog.....
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2010, 12:30 PM
This is incredibly sad....... RIP you lovely boy x

(As you can see, I have no hope)
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2010, 12:31 PM
How sad, the poor, poor dog - I would like to think that he would get a better home where he is more appreciated but sadly his breed alone will put a lot of people off and a lot of people still have financial concerns and he is a big mouth to feed....

Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
No vet will put a healthy dog to sleep...will they ?
I think some do, possibly because they are concerned about the lengths some people might go to to otherwise get rid of an unwanted dog
Jackie01
New Member!
Female 

29-06-2010, 12:36 PM
Try Georgina at Rottie rehab or Serena at Keythorpes rottie rescue
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Beautiful boy I really hope someome can help this lad today, so sad
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2010, 12:58 PM
That's broken my heart Poor, poor dog, why can't somebody take him in - those peops aren't trying hard enough imo!
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by Jackie01 View Post
Try Georgina at Rottie rehab or Serena at Keythorpes rottie rescue
I hope one of them can take him.
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Aww poor lad...hope he finds a home