View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2010, 03:34 PM
You MUST get the poor girl spayed before rehoming. People scan the free-ads looking for dogs to turn into some sort of profit. And the Rescues are overwhelmed with Staffies. Even Battersea have a waiting list to take them as there are so many.
I`m sorry you feel offended but I once had 2 German Shepherds and 2 small children in a house where the living rooms were on the third floor, bedrooms in the attic and the kitchen in the basement - I just got incredibly fit! I found when having young children that the dog saved my sanity as the walking is wonderful for getting everyone out into the fresh air.
dee3010
New Member!
Female 

27-01-2010, 03:47 PM
ive tried where she came from but they moved please this is hard enough giving her up i do love her but i am really struggling i begged and begged for my house so i had a garden for her its not so much me having children its because im in a flat if i had a garden for her i would only need to walk her twice a day but because she hasnt got a garden now she is going to want walking all the time to go out for toilet which is what i cant do this is not a decision i made overnight its something that ive been debating since we lost her garden for her i thought staffy rescue was a dog home and i dont wanna do that to her i want her to go to a loving family didnt realise that they rehome her for me from my home
dee3010
New Member!
Female 

27-01-2010, 03:50 PM
also my dog cant have puppys she had to have operation because she had a cyst on her overies sorry should have put that aswell
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2010, 03:51 PM
I understand it's difficult, but I agree with Dani contact breed rescue she has given you details on the previous page.
dee3010
New Member!
Female 

27-01-2010, 04:13 PM
quite a few people r giving up a dog on here due to children and u havent said anything to them my children r not the only reason im giving her up there is loads of reasons i have to do this its not a choice i have my dog would be a lot happier with a garden she can run around in i thought i was doing what was best by her she is a hypo dog she needs a garden im sure u know how hypo a staff can be my newborn is only 6 days old i cant have her running around the flat when my baby is in his playgym at least if she had garden she can burn off steam running around that if i could see me getting another house in next couple of months i would stick it out but it aint looking likely and alot of them wont accept my dog i have tried everything i even wanted to put her in foster care till i get a house but it took me 2 an half years to get this house and i dont know how long its gonna be to get another one giving her up really is the last opition i have
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Thing is hun, your first post implicated you were giving the dog up because you had just had a baby, it does upset people, especially as your dog is a Staffie, there are so many in rescue and no-one would want your girl to end up somewhere awful... Contact breed rescue and go from there, they will probably try to help you find her a home from home.
Btw I don't agree with anyone giving up their dog just because they have had a baby... but you have stated there is more than one reason for your decision.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm sad for the dog. Poor girl.

Dani is quite right that many people will say whatever you want to hear to get the dog - whihc is why working with a rescue is better.

Someone I used to know gave up her dogs when she was expecting with number two and the "loving home" she gave them to put them to sleep when they couldn't cope. So you never know - she was fooled and her dogs paid the ultimate price

I hope the rescue is able to help you if you are intent on this.

Poor staffies, there are so many of them passed on and so many end up pts
That's why people who are involved in rehomings - like Brundog - get so upset. I don't blame her. She's seen and heard more than anyone should ever have to .
dee3010
New Member!
Female 

27-01-2010, 05:16 PM
i know and i do understand but she is wanted by me and i would love for her to stay with me but its just the flat and other things the option i want is to put her in a foster home till i get my house but i dont know how long it will be its just made out that i want to do this and i dont i just want her to happy and she aint happy staying in a flat
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2010, 05:26 PM
So if you were in house with a garden you would not be looking to rehome her, is that correct?

Do you have any friends or family members that can foster her long term until you get your housing situation sorted? you would obviously have to cover all expenses for the dog though.

I'm not going to judge because I can see that it must be difficult to juggle a young active dog, a toddler and a baby. But like others I can't help but think that you must have known what you were getting yourself into before you took the dog into your home (baby on the way).

Breed rescue is definitely the best way to go. If you attempt to re-home her privately, you won't be able to screen the owners properly...rescue can do that for you.
dee3010
New Member!
Female 

27-01-2010, 05:27 PM
putting her in a foster home and getting her back when i get a house is the route i wanted to go down but kept getting dead ends so the only other option was to give her up if any one could help me in the foster home route i would appreicate it
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >