View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Yes I met him last week at a distance. He looked quite interested in Daisy but I didn`t go too close as he was frightened.
There is a possible home - Gill is waiting to see if this can happen.
He has never lived indoors so needs to be in a kennel and run and gradually introduced and someone`s donated a kennel so this can happen.
I should be going again next week. I`ll try to take a camera.

eta fluffybland is walking him a lot - maybe she can update as well?
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2009, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Yes I met him last week at a distance. He looked quite interested in Daisy but I didn`t go too close as he was frightened.
There is a possible home - Gill is waiting to see if this can happen.
He has never lived indoors so needs to be in a kennel and run and gradually introduced and someone`s donated a kennel so this can happen.
I should be going again next week. I`ll try to take a camera.

eta fluffybland is walking him a lot - maybe she can update as well?
Great news about a possible home for this lad. Thanks for the update Claire.
fluffybland
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Another update

I have been continuing to walk Raz, almost every day, and he really is turning a corner. So much is the improvement we needed to push him on a bit more, but it's hard whilst he is in kennels for him to experience home life and the outdoor world. So we decided I should foster him, and began preparations to convert my sons playhouse into a kennel and build a run and I bought the kennels panels etc, but due to an unforseen change in circumstances I am no longer able to foster him. I am absolutely gutted, as I've seen him come so far and wanted to work with him from home as I'm sure he would progress faster, and I would be able to spend more time with him.

Still, it is not to be . So I shall continue to work with him from the kennels. Raz is becoming more used to seeing strangers when out on his walks, and although he is still unsure, he recovers more rapidly. If the stranger in the distance has a dog, Raz is really interested and actively walks faster to catch up with the dog. The other day a lady and her son and dog were kind enough to allow me to tag onto their walk, as Raz was so keen to be near !!!

I've also taken my dog out with Raz, and also my son has been with us a few times. I'm now able to groom Raz with no fuss, and he allows me to dry him if he's wet after a walk. He no longer bolts to his hidey hole when its time for a walk, and the lead comes on and off easily now. He'll even eat his dinner in front of you now. So its all good.

This week he is going to move kennels, he will go to a kennel next door to the grooming parlour and the office, so he will see lots more people and dogs coming and going. And I shall begin to try to venture out with him to new areas, just up and down the lane first then hopefully we will work on car travel and slowly get him out into the world.

There are a couple of possible people interested but nothing firm as yet. The kennel that someone offered is unsuitable unfortunately (we dont think it would stand dismantling). But I have some brand new kennel panels for a run if any new owner needs them! I am so sad I couldn't have him here, but will continue to work with him until his forever home comes along.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Well all the best for Rax, you have done the most wonderful job so far, let's hope somehow he finds a loving, forever home. I wish I could take him, but an old boy and a new puppy would not be good for Raz, even if I built special requirements for him outside in the big garden As you said earlier, this boy needs a one to one with somebody who is prepared to put in the time that he so deserves. I wish you all the luck in the World and you have my utmost respect along with that too!
fluffybland
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-10-2009, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I wish you all the luck in the World and you have my utmost respect along with that too!
Aww thank you !
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Thanks so much for the update Fluffybland.

Raz's story has really touched me and I would love to know how he gets on. It is a shame you can't foster him, but, as H has said, you have already done such a marvellous job with him and will continue to do until his forever home arrives. I will keep everything crossed that the right home turns up for this lovely lad sooner rather than later.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2009, 05:56 PM
Raz is still looking for a home, but he`s coming on a treat.
We went for a walk today with Fluffybland who has done a brilliant of walking Raz and helping him begin to live again.
Here`s the boy:

He likes other dogs

and is gradually coming to terms with the world outside of a shed

so if you know anyone that could take him on - he needs his own space at first till he bonds and gets used to you, as he`s never been in a house. He loves the company of other dogs and he`s very gentle - just scared.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2009, 07:24 PM
Oh Claire he is absolutely gorgeous and is obviously coming on so well under the love and care he is receiving (well done Fluffy!). I do hope he finds the right home really soon.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2009, 07:38 PM
just caught this thread, that poor dog,

though as I went through the photos, you can see him improving so much,

he looked like he'd really been in the wars,

considering he got those wounds from another dog, yet hes still so friendly with dogs says a lot to me,

that dog with the right owner and work, will be more than worth the effort,
annmarie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-11-2009, 09:42 PM
awww bless him poor baby hope he finds his special place lots of hug to you kind people for helping him xx
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >