Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2018, 03:50 PM
Good afternoon all.

Took Gary home this morning as he seemed OK. This afternoon a fit that lasted 10 minutes in the shaking stage then over an hour of semi consciousness followed by an hour of totally confused behaviour. Obviously, as soon as I saw the fit (we have a camera on his living room which we constantly monitor), I went down. I fully expected another one, but none so far. He seems more lucid now and wouldn't come back with me so I've left him and am keeping a strong watch on the camera. I'm there within 4 minutes (mostly less) should anything else happen. If it does, it's ambulance time
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2018, 03:52 PM
lol Tumbleweed...thank you, I really needed a giggle
Brenda, so glad the car is back but vat... eughhh, I wish everywhere just included it in the job...if vat exempt you get a nice surprise, a cheaper bill!
Lynn, what a nice way to spend a sunny day!;
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2018, 04:23 PM
Hi everyone, just got back from walking Amber, she played with another little yellow Labrador, called Lacey, I would say about 18months old came from the rescue centre. I was going to take Amber for a ride in the car to the local park but I think it was getting too busy with the school children and since I have only learned that my new driving licence will be in the post tomorrow and it is now 6 months since I last drove I thought I would leave it until tomorrow. Seems absolutely ages since I have driven even though I have held a licence since I was 16 years old on a motor bike. Got to get back into the swing of it again. Quite excited!

Did you see any boats you or Beth fancied Lynn?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-05-2018, 04:53 PM
Hope son doesn't take another fit Chris.

Beth has learned that she needs something about 22ft long and with a back cockpit preference and a small cabin space. Couple about but bit more than she wanted to spend.
We have seen one in a marina 25ft lovely boat and good price for the make needs a bit of tlc but nothing we cannot manage.
Thing is until we know what's going on here we are not sure what to do. Also if the windscreen doesn't fold down we wouldn't get it under the bridges on the rivers round here.
We might pop over there and take a look though plus we would be paying less than they are asking it's on brokerage so they are paying to keep it there I would think so if it's costing money there might be a deal to be done.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2018, 05:18 PM
Chris, Sorry to hear about Gary fitting, hope he will settle again.

Harvey, I have looked up my car's MOT and the earliest I can put it in for it is the 26th May so too late to take advantage of the old test scheme. (New scheme comes in on 20th May) So I shall leave it until it is properly due towards the end of June.

Lynn, we used to have a 4 berth 24ft cruiser with a Johnson outboard motor and had it moored at Beccles for a couple of years. Apart from then we moored it on the Blackwater at Althorne, not far from Burnham-on-Crouch. Used to love using it on the Broads.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-05-2018, 05:27 PM
Quite a long way from the broads here Moyra. Some lovely rivers to cruise though but the Nene which is the river that runs through the village and part of the way through Downham to Denver sluice can be narrow and low bridges till we get to Outwell basin at the top of the next village so a bit like the van with the drive we have to be careful how big we go. Length ok beam and bridge clearance but iffy.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-05-2018, 06:05 PM
Hello all this fine afternoon/evening.
Trust that all are well.
Clear and a little cooler here today.

Had a little contretemps with a guy with a black lab/cross with who knows what. On a lead. Max went to say hello as dogs do. The dog snapped at Max, not on a lead.We strolled on but not before the foul moth owner accused me of not having my dog under control. Perhaps the most unfortunate part is that all his effing and blinding was in front of his daughter, about four years old.

My riposte....
My doesn't need to be on a lead. Watch how you should train your dog. Max, let's go."

He did as requested, Immediately.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2018, 08:00 PM
Chris, hope Gary will be o.k
Moyra, so pleased you have your licence back
Oooo Lynn, I could deffo see you tomorrow n a boat, glass of Pimm's in hand lol
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2018, 08:57 PM
Had a funny walk up the field tonight.

Pulled up and there was another car now thats weird I get out and the car has keys in the boot lock........no one in sight now it is a quiet road but not unused.

Walk close by for about 20 minutes no one appears so potter back and scrabble for a piece of paper find old shopping list and leave message on windscreen saying "I owner of red fiat have your keys will be back" and add the time; I return about 45 minutes later and there is a very distraught lady (40's)and her daughter (late teens) they had been a walk (daughter loosing weight) and got back to car to find they did not have their keys so retraced their steps. Asked me where I found them and I said in boot lock and we all realise they had not taken the keys on the walk with them in the first place.......nice words exchanged.

I get in car and we weave our way down the lane where on turning the semi blind corner a man flags us down no car or anyone else in sight - so we both slow down ( have to because can't get round him) the woman semi rolls down her window as do I and hear him say he has fallen off his bike and its gone down the ditch........with all his stuff and he can't get it out can he help or phone for help.

I figure no one could make this up and he does looks both distraught and sad as well as bruised and cut.

So we both stop get out and look down at the bike about 6ft down the ditch in muddy smelly water neither of us have a rope and then I recall Gertys extending lead so the chap goes down albeit gingerly as looks like he has really whaked his leg and arm and ties the bike to the extending lead we lock that off and then the girl jumps in my car and hold the lead and the woman and chap grab the bike as I drive backwards to pull it out of the ditch.

All sorted and luckily the bike was pushable and he rang for help. I said to Gerty I am closing my eyes from now on when out on walks.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-05-2018, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Had a funny walk up the field tonight.

Pulled up and there was another car now thats weird I get out and the car has keys in the boot lock........no one in sight now it is a quiet road but not unused.

Walk close by for about 20 minutes no one appears so potter back and scrabble for a piece of paper find old shopping list and leave message on windscreen saying "I owner of red fiat have your keys will be back" and add the time; I return about 45 minutes later and there is a very distraught lady (40's)and her daughter (late teens) they had been a walk (daughter loosing weight) and got back to car to find they did not have their keys so retraced their steps. Asked me where I found them and I said in boot lock and we all realise they had not taken the keys on the walk with them in the first place.......nice words exchanged.

I get in car and we weave our way down the lane where on turning the semi blind corner a man flags us down no car or anyone else in sight - so we both slow down ( have to because can't get round him) the woman semi rolls down her window as do I and hear him say he has fallen off his bike and its gone down the ditch........with all his stuff and he can't get it out can he help or phone for help.

I figure no one could make this up and he does looks both distraught and sad as well as bruised and cut.

So we both stop get out and look down at the bike about 6ft down the ditch in muddy smelly water neither of us have a rope and then I recall Gertys extending lead so the chap goes down albeit gingerly as looks like he has really whaked his leg and arm and ties the bike to the extending lead we lock that off and then the girl jumps in my car and hold the lead and the woman and chap grab the bike as I drive backwards to pull it out of the ditch.

All sorted and luckily the bike was pushable and he rang for help. I said to Gerty I am closing my eyes from now on when out on walks.
Well nothing like that ever seems to happen to me in Knettishall forrest I did see a ladies track suit bottom hanging on a tree (Assume ladies from size & colour) expecting to see a 'half naked' female running around but didn't happen they were still hanging there next day and the day after that.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2