Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2012, 02:59 PM

Poo Bags - How many?

I know this may sound like an odd question, but i'm wondering how many poo bags you lot take out with you (and how many dogs you walk).

What got me thinking was a comment some old guy made. He apologised to me for having to kick some poo off the woodland path because he had only brought 2 bags with him and his dog had done 3 poos

Now, I always make sure I carry a huge wad of bags and really start to panic if I feel in my pocket and i've only got a few. My dogs will always do poos into double figures, it's usual for Jed alone to do 5 or 6 poos.

Going by the maths displayed by the man, I could never get away with only taking 6 poo bags out with me.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2012, 03:04 PM
LOL, sorry but this made me laugh. I also panic a bit when I am down to my last few poo bags in my pocket!

I carry loads and have maybe 10 in my back jeans pockets at all times. I usually stuff a new wad of them in my pockets every few days.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2012, 03:05 PM
I normally take at least 4 squashed in my pocket. I walk 1 dog (Greyhound) and he normally does 3 poos, a 4th is rare but not unheard of and I am yet to run out - phew!
I also seem to have poo bags in every pocket I own!
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2012, 03:08 PM
4 dogs, usually 4/5 bags...depends where I am walking, if I'm going around a country park etc then I will take more but if im going across the normal farmland/unused land then 4/5 is my normal- and usually I dont need to use any.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Now, you see, even 10 poo bags would have me in a blind panic! I've been known to knot the bag as tight as it will go, and then pick up another poo on top of the one already knotted in there! You have to be ultra careful of your fingers doing this though.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2012, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
Now, you see, even 10 poo bags would have me in a blind panic! I've been known to knot the bag as tight as it will go, and then pick up another poo on top of the one already knotted in there! You have to be ultra careful of your fingers doing this though.
Why do yours poo so much?

Mine usually go once per walk, maybe two at a push, hopefully way off the beaten track so I don't have pick it up!
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Why do yours poo so much?

Mine usually go once per walk, maybe two at a push, hopefully way off the beaten track so I don't have pick it up!
I have no idea, but i'd like to know, especially since they are on a raw diet and shouldnt poo that much! Jessie is the normal one and does usually one, maybe two, Flynn does several but Jed is constantly pooing - a bobble here which I pick up, then another bobble 2 minutes later, so out comes a fresh bag etc. Drives me insane.

Once i'd only gone about 30 yards from the car and was holding 7 bags of poo
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-06-2012, 03:19 PM
I take four out for two dogs. Buster usually does two, Coles usually does 1 but he has had two on occasion.

I never take more than 4 and I've never been caught short.............................yet!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2012, 03:23 PM
I only take two for one dog. I rarely use them both.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2012, 03:32 PM
I walk four dogs and usually take the same number of bags. It's unusual for all of them to poo out on a walk as they all poo in the garden at home. If I can, I prefer to flick the poo into the hedge anyway, even though I use degradable bags.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »