Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2018, 10:32 AM

Daily Thread Thursday 22nd January

Good morning everyone

Hope you soon feel better Mandy.

Quite nice here today although a little chilly. Have cleaned the windows outside, upstairs and down, so now it is coffee time. Nothing else planned

Hope all are keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2018, 12:35 PM
Morning all.

Life taking over posting at the moment, back tonight.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2018, 02:30 PM
By heck it's cold again.

We had a very strange 'only in Skegness' experience this morning. We were walking the back way to Mcdonalds for our coffee and passed a 50' or so crane that was taking backs of something or other up to the top of the water flume ride. When we were past it, a bloke stopped us and told us we couldn't go that way because of the hazard. We pointed out that we were already past the crane, but he wouldn't have it and sent us back to walk under the crane to go the long way round. Even more strange was that he wasn't stopping anyone going the other way. Only in Skegness
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2018, 02:52 PM
lol Chris
i agree, very very cold today, i was that bad i went to pay at a shop and my hands wouldn't work Lol
wrapped up 3 of Steves birthday presents, just waiting for one more to come, the sign has been refunded and i am gutted about that but will get him one at a later date, at least he will have something to open and a couple of cards, one from me and one from his dog Molly (she is sooooo clever she can obviously write Lol)
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-02-2018, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good morning everyone

Hope you soon feel better Mandy.

Quite nice here today although a little chilly. Have cleaned the windows outside, upstairs and down, so now it is coffee time. Nothing else planned

Hope all are keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Cold and clear here on Thursday 22 February...Don't remember how it was on 22nd Jan............
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-02-2018, 03:18 PM
Chris

I would have told the man to " F off ", he had no right to stop you. Just woke up from an afternoon nap and it is like the Mary Celeste here. Sue nowhere to be found, peace oh glorious peace, but the TV was left on.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2018, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Chris

I would have told the man to " F off ", he had no right to stop you. Just woke up from an afternoon nap and it is like the Mary Celeste here. Sue nowhere to be found, peace oh glorious peace, but the TV was left on.
To be honest, we laugh it off nowadays. There are so many jobsworths that are a sandwich short of a picnic that we've worked out there's no point arguing. It did mean that we came back on the prom which we weren't planning on doing because the wind was from the south east. As it worked out, it had dropped quite a bit by the time we finished our coffee so it was a nice stroll and Rosie does love the beach
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-02-2018, 02:48 AM
That's Skeggy off the holiday list then! lol !
Hope all are well and the weather isn't proving too uncooperative for whatever pastimes folk had in mind.
Very cold but quite bright here, seems that the local birds are keen on Spring arriving as they have been going through their singing routines from 5.am each morning for the last week. Heaven knows where they get the enthusiasm from! Also for those of ornithological interests our local geese have started pairing up and are flying round the place in pairs - honking their blerdy heads off.
Dogs are all well - I'm more or less OK - so goodnight one and all, bye fer now.