Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2012, 01:34 PM

Forgot to book kennels

Cannot believe I messed up and forgot to book marius into kennels for bank hol weekend. Have tried every one in book but they are full. A friend offered. To watch him but she has a boxer and he hates them since being attacked by one as a pup.
Looks like our bank hol getaway is going to be cancelled.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2012, 01:38 PM
Oh Poop Hope someone gets a cancellation, ask them to phone you if they do, you may get lucky x
fernackerpan
Dogsey Junior
Female 

Have you tried Barking Mad - petsitting company? They originate from the Lake District and now have franchises all over the country. Our Max always stays with them. Just a chance.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Oh no thats awful. Is there no one else that can watch him.

How about a pet sitter that would take him into their home or come and stay in yours to look after him?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Cannot believe I messed up and forgot to book marius into kennels for bank hol weekend. Have tried every one in book but they are full. A friend offered. To watch him but she has a boxer and he hates them since being attacked by one as a pup.
Looks like our bank hol getaway is going to be cancelled.
I sympathise - none of my dogs have ever liked boxers - Hal was attacked by one also when he was a babe.

Any chance Marius could come too on your getaway? My only other suggestion would be Animal Aunts home sitters. Hope you get sorted without having to cancel, that's pants
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-08-2012, 02:34 PM
Worth introducing? Lodger is not at all keen on GSDs but could live with one OK as long as they weren't serial small dog squashers. Got a photo of him sat at a cafe with a Large white Male we went walking with - they got on well after 5 minutes of screaming.
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-08-2012, 05:58 PM
try pet sitters in the local area, its a shame the dog could not come with you. Is there no friends/neighbours that could help you out for a couple of nights. - As somebody said you could perhaps try to introduce him to the boxer, take them out on a few long walks together, swap blankets so they can smell each others scents before hand. Its a possibility it may work, - or it could fail miserably... But you don't know if you don't try... good luck