Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-06-2012, 01:56 PM
So sorry for your loss.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2012, 02:50 PM
Reading this has made me very sad. Lots of us here have been through what you are going through now.

You were lucky to have kept her for so long. I am sure she was well cared for and I am glad she died in peace in her own home and not in a vet clinic or animal hospital. My own last dog just wandered over to me and lay at my feet and died quietly and peacefully. And that your parents were able to bury her at home.

As for your dad - well your dog was a member of his family! I've lost family members and not cried but couldn't stop when my dog died. But those family members hadn't shared my home and my life day in day out for 10 years or more as my dog had done.

It leaves a big hole in your life. Everyone recommends you should get another dog but I always refused for ages after then always regretted I didn't do it sooner once I did get another.

I was a few years older than you when I lost my first dog. I've lost several since then. The pain never gets any less however many times you experience it.

Think of the good times, look at your photos and talk about her as often as you want to (even if it does make you burst into tears).
Azz
Administrator
Male 

18-06-2012, 04:07 PM
Sorry for your loss Vane

As many have already said, you gave her a good life - 12 years old for a dog is a very good age, my Rocky was 10 days away from his 8th birthday when he died he was my best friend too

We know how it hurts, and how angry and sad you feel - this is normal, of course you are going to be upset, she meant so much to you, right?

However, in time, you will become stronger, and able to deal with the pain of losing her more - and you'll finally be able to think about her, and smile - remembering the good times. Till then, be strong.

Sleep tight Gina.
Teach3rd
New Member!
Female 

21-06-2012, 03:23 AM
So sorry for your loss...
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2012, 06:53 PM
Extremely sorry for your loss xxx
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-07-2012, 09:55 PM
I am so sorry for the loss of your lifelong friend. She will now be at rainbow bridge,wagging her tail looking down on you knowing what a wonderful life you gave her. I hope the pain soon lessens for you and you can smile thinking of the love you both shared.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-07-2012, 10:49 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss.

I can relate to your story on different levels - the loss of family dogs I grew up with in the 70's and 80's, loosing my own first dog back in the 90's and then just this week being the 40 year dad sobbing in front of my kids when I buried my latest departed dog.

It doesn't get easier but you do learn from experience that time does heal and soon the pain you feel just now will fade leaving you with the happy memories.
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2012, 12:31 PM
So sorry for your loss. RIP Gina, sleep well.......xxx
marleysmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-07-2012, 07:28 PM
so sorry for the loss I lost my faithful friend in September i can say that time is a good healer but i always think about him and have a cry when i look at the photos, i will never forget him, i had him since he was 8 weeks old and he died aged 14 so had a good life just like your Gina.

remember all the good times and think that she is free from her illness now and can run free at rainbow bridge. RIP Gina sweet girl xx
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2