06-11-2011, 11:52 AM

Wafcol Salmon and Potato

Anyone used it? Any good?

Ta.
CharleyMaddison
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-11-2011, 12:01 PM
I used to feed my GSD on Wafcol I found she put on quite a bit of weight with this food, even though I was feeding her well below the recommended daily amount for her size. I changed her onto Wainwrights Salmon and Potatoe and she's doing really well on that one, everyone comments how healthy her coat looks. My spaniel is a different story and Wainwrights doesn't agree with her.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Fed it for years then they changed their recipe & it made my dog ill plus others, ask Bitkin - up to yourself but I will never touch it again or recommend it

CM is correct - won't do better than Wainwrights, Harvey is on their Turkey & veg & doing well on it. Their tray food is good too.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by CharleyMaddison View Post
I used to feed my GSD on Wafcol I found she put on quite a bit of weight with this food, even though I was feeding her well below the recommended daily amount for her size. I changed her onto Wainwrights Salmon and Potatoe and she's doing really well on that one, everyone comments how healthy her coat looks. My spaniel is a different story and Wainwrights doesn't agree with her.
Thanks for that, seems like Wainwrights is a better option then and it is also a better price!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2011, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Fed it for years then they changed their recipe & it made my dog ill plus others, ask Bitkin - up to yourself but I will never touch it again or recommend it

CM is correct - won't do better than Wainwrights, Harvey is on their Turkey & veg & doing well on it. Their tray food is good too.
Thanks.

That dosn't sound good! Think I'd go for the Wainwrights instead then. Good to hear some good reviews on that.

I've got a small bag of JWB fish and veg (with potato in it as well) to use up which she hasn't had before (though she has had the rice one), so I'll try her on that and see how she gets on, if it doesn't suit her, we will be looking for something else, possibly the Wainwrights salmon and potato.