Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
Thanks everyone.

Bugzy, Meeka and Aura are due to be wormed next wednesday, I normally worm them with Milbemax from the vets, is it safe to give them their Milbemax tablet/s and the advocate at the same time? ( I cant use panacur on the Min Pins as when Bugzy was little Panacur made him really ill, so the vet doesn't like to give them that particular wormer now)

I think i'll pop into the vets on the way to pick Sharnah up from the stables this afternoon and get their worming tablets and the advocate then? I dont think worming a week early will hurt them?

I've been out in the garden and bleached all the slabs, picked up all the toys outside and binned them just in case.
Advocate is not for normal worms, you will still have to worm your dogs with what ever you normally use.

Advocate is effective on "lung worm " only , along with mange/parasites.. my vet advices you carry on your normal worming programme, maybe leave a little time inbetween , but speak to your vet, first, as you will have to get the advocate from them anyway!!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2009, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Advocate is not for normal worms, you will still have to worm your dogs with what ever you normally use.

Advocate is effective on "lung worm " only , along with mange/parasites.. my vet advices you carry on your normal worming programme, maybe leave a little time inbetween , but speak to your vet, first, as you will have to get the advocate from them anyway!!
milbemax is one of the few 'worming tablets' that does cover lungworm.
http://www.ah.novartis.com/products/...emax_cat.shtml
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

04-11-2009, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
milbemax is one of the few 'worming tablets' that does cover lungworm.
http://www.ah.novartis.com/products/...emax_cat.shtml
I did not know that where does it say on the link, cant see it
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2009, 04:42 PM
I did not know that where does it say on the link, cant see it
under description,then product type
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Just to say I couldn't get into the vets this afternoon but I did manage to speak to him on the phone. He says I can pick the Milbemax tablets up tomorrow lunchtime and that yes they will work on Lungworm. I'm to worm the dogs tomorrow when I get home and if he is still coughing a week after being wormed i'm to take him back in and he'll reassess the situation.

Jackbox it goes without saying that I would always check with the vet before giving the dogs any treatment, I was just wanting peoples opinions on here first so I knew what to ask for, as I do tend to get things muddled up sometimes.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

04-11-2009, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
under description,then product type
Found it
Alf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-11-2009, 07:49 PM

I think it is only tape worm that it doesn't cover

# Advocate

# Advocate protects against Fleas, Larvae, Whipworm, Hookworm, Roundworm, Angiostrongylus, Heartworm, Otodectes, Sarcoptes, Dermodex and Louse.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2