Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Max-a-million!
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-11-2009, 12:09 PM

BT has horrendous wind!!

Hello! I know it may seem funny but my 7 month old BT has terrible wind!

We have swapped him from Berrimans Food onto Bakers Complete Puppy Food but so far he is still the same!

For treats he only has his usual food & we won't give him anything else as he smells so bad. We won't let him eat anything in the garden although he has tried! I even tried putting natural yoghurt on top of his food which he loved but still no better.

He seems to only have wind after his lunch & tea but is ok in the morning. I make sure he doesn't wolf his food down thinking this may be causing it but again, still the same!

Does anyone else's puppy or dog have this problem & do you think he may be better when he is a bit older?

Thank you!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by Max-a-million! View Post
Hello! I know it may seem funny but my 7 month old BT has terrible wind!

We have swapped him from Berrimans Food onto Bakers Complete Puppy Food but so far he is still the same!

For treats he only has his usual food & we won't give him anything else as he smells so bad. We won't let him eat anything in the garden although he has tried! I even tried putting natural yoghurt on top of his food which he loved but still no better.

He seems to only have wind after his lunch & tea but is ok in the morning. I make sure he doesn't wolf his food down thinking this may be causing it but again, still the same!

Does anyone else's puppy or dog have this problem & do you think he may be better when he is a bit older?

Thank you!
Hi

It is likely that the food you are feeding is the problem here. Bakers is pretty terrible; full of artificial colours and additive's. It also consists mainly of grains and cereals and has a very low meat content.

I would try switching to a higher quality brand of food which should fix the problem. James Wellbeloved, Arden Grange, Whites Premium, Skinners Hypoallergenic range, Wainwrights, etc., are all good foods that don't contain any rubbish.

I would also consider switching to an adult food now. I have always put my dogs onto adult when they reach 6 months of age. You could even cut him down to two meals a day now and just feed him morning and evening which is perfectly adequate for a 7 month old.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2009, 01:28 PM
Agree with the above points a change of food should do it. Keep away from high cereal content.
Max-a-million!
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-11-2009, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Hi

It is likely that the food you are feeding is the problem here. Bakers is pretty terrible; full of artificial colours and additive's. It also consists mainly of grains and cereals and has a very low meat content.

I would try switching to a higher quality brand of food which should fix the problem. James Wellbeloved, Arden Grange, Whites Premium, Skinners Hypoallergenic range, Wainwrights, etc., are all good foods that don't contain any rubbish.

I would also consider switching to an adult food now. I have always put my dogs onto adult when they reach 6 months of age. You could even cut him down to two meals a day now and just feed him morning and evening which is perfectly adequate for a 7 month old.

Thank you for your info! I shall change his food to an adult "higher quality" food and feed him twice a day instead of 3 times. Thanks again! The air we breathe may be fresher sooner!