Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 02:29 PM

Doggy quirks

I know they all have them. So what are some of your dog's silliest quirks. Here's a few of Dahlia's:

1. Before we go for a walk she MUST get a belly rub. When we say "Dahlia, do you want to go for a walk?" she immediately rolls over and grins. We call it the "pre-walk belly rub." It's become an expected part of the ritual.

2. I very rarely talk on my cell phone while on walks (like I can count on one hand the amount of times I've taken a call while on a walk). Only lately have I a few times due to some things going on with my family. She will NOT walk if I'm on the phone. She simply sits down and stares at me until I'm off.

3. She has learned to lift her leg to pee. The first winter we had her she struggled to find a place to squat with all the snow. Last year, she figured out that she could pee sideways if she rested a foot against the snow. And then she finally got enough balance to lift her leg without resting it on anything and without falling over (though admittedly she HAS fallen over a couple times). However, despite her leg lifting, you can still tell she's a girl because she SQUATS with the other leg while lifting it.

4. I'm sure I've mentioned it here before, but she steals butter. She won't touch anything else in the house, doesn't get into anything, but if we leave the butter out and go out for a short bit she'll steal it. She chews on it a bit, tries to open up the packaging (cuts her nose in the process SOMEHOW!) and then hides the butter underneath my pillow.

So come on everyone...what are your dogs' quirks?
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Flint has a way of telling us he doesnt like the taste of somethings, he sniffs it then flicks his tounge out fast a few times while gently shaking his head making a lip smacking noise, its really quite funny.

Simba talks to us, he literally grumbles and 'talks' when we are sat with him, he loves being spoke to and will speak back

Gemma..Im not too sure yet as we've only had her 3 weeks but a couple things that stand out is that she really likes sitting with me on my OHs office chair when I am in the office working. She likes cuddles in bed and she is starting to become the boss of the 2 big boys