Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2012, 07:26 PM

Keeping teeth clean

just wondering if you do anything in particular to keep dogs teeth clean?

Any toys/chews/food/misc you think helps in particular?
hayleyth
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-06-2012, 07:36 PM
My dog has raw and cooked bones, and his teeth are perfect! But then again hea only 2 so they should be perfect! And he has kibble which is good for teeth
jeagibear
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-06-2012, 07:37 PM
Jeager always struggled with "false type" chews, always made his tummy bad. i tried Plaque off, and after a while you could tell it was working. i kept him on it till the last, and i would recommend it to anybody. ( many variations in pricing though!) i didnt realise until much later, that it worked from the inside out.. instead of breaking down the Plaque from the outside. please read about it on the internet first. plus make sure it is made by MOLAR Ltd. i knew people who got a, CHEAP IMMITATION) and said "It was useless!!" ( funny that!!)
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-06-2012, 12:30 AM
all of my dogs are on the bones,they love to chew and there teeth are in awsome shape.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2012, 08:36 AM
Raw meaty bones here. I was horrified to see that Spencers teeth were stained when I got him. They weren't badly stained but he was 10 months old and it was already noticeable! They're nice and white now
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-06-2012, 09:07 AM
Raw or boiled bones !
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-06-2012, 10:11 AM
Raw meaty bones here as well.
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-06-2012, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by jeagibear View Post
Jeager always struggled with "false type" chews, always made his tummy bad. i tried Plaque off, and after a while you could tell it was working. i kept him on it till the last, and i would recommend it to anybody. ( many variations in pricing though!) i didnt realise until much later, that it worked from the inside out.. instead of breaking down the Plaque from the outside. please read about it on the internet first. plus make sure it is made by MOLAR Ltd. i knew people who got a, CHEAP IMMITATION) and said "It was useless!!" ( funny that!!)
Plaque Off is amazing stuff. I gave it to my old shar-pei for a few weeks as you couldn't see her fangs for horrible plaques of brown tartar. I thought it wasn't working, her teeth would be rotten underneath. Then one day I had a look, put my thumbnail gently up near the fang's gum and had a pick. A beautiful shiny white fang emerged as a huge swathe of limescale like plaque came off. I took her to the vet to have them scaled fearing removals as I could only remove so much myself. Vet looked in her mouth and pinged 90% of the remaining plaque off her fangs and molars. with just his thumbnail. He was amazed at how easy it came off and said her teeth were in great condition under all that build up.

And yes, accept no imitations and shop around online for it.
jeagibear
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-06-2012, 06:58 PM
thank you DOKhyi, i was very imprest. i know it worked for my Jeager.
Tass
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-06-2012, 08:08 PM
I use a toothbrush and plain water for a minute or so daily, it's good handling practise too imo.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >