View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-08-2010, 06:54 PM

Usual idiots at todays companion show..!

Swear they wouldn't be companion/fun shows without these people

First one was a boxer in the ring. Litter girl has it and I'm playing with Blu because he was getting bored waiting. Well this boxer just comes from nowhere and pounces at him So my friend swapped places to try stop Blu freaking out more.. Well the boxer starts growling at her dog so the she says 'unless you want your dog injured then stop it growling because he will fight back' but they didn't really listen!

Then there was a kid in the ring, dog drags him nearly out of it! Was alot of owners that couldn't control their dogs and dogs getting attacked.

Was a husky standing with the type of people that looked asif they would own a staffie.. We just walk by with Cheeko and out of nowhere the husky leaps into the air and onto Cheeko's back! Mum turned around and the owners were laughing. Mum got anoyed and told them the decent thing to do is say sorry but the son started threatening us saying we had a dangerous dog blah blah We ended up standing next to them watching BIS and there was another husky in it.. I said how it had bad movement and was crabbing.. Well the girlfriend of these idiots went mad because it's hers
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2010, 07:05 PM
oh dear what a nightmare Poor Blu and you! Dogs getting attacked left right and centre it sounds, that's awful!

Me and the dogs would rather go for a quiet walk in the middle of nowhere where hopfully we won't see anyone!....eee what is the world coming to...
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Was a husky standing with the type of people that looked asif they would own a staffie..

I was going to feel sorry for you until I read this bit. What a silly this to say.
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
oh dear what a nightmare Poor Blu and you! Dogs getting attacked left right and centre it sounds, that's awful!

Me and the dogs would rather go for a quiet walk in the middle of nowhere where hopfully we won't see anyone!....eee what is the world coming to...
Suprised it wasn't worse with the area it was in. Alot of us think there was a bitch in season there aswell. Us with dogs had a bit of bother trying to control them and Blu started on my friends standard poodle

Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
Was a husky standing with the type of people that looked asif they would own a staffie..

I was going to feel sorry for you until I read this bit. What a silly this to say.
Just stating the type of people they were. The type around here that own staffies.. The hardman image.. Not an insult to the breed or anything..
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2010, 07:41 PM
I just think sweeping statements about the type of people who own certain breeds is not helpful to anyone.
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-08-2010, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
I just think sweeping statements about the type of people who own certain breeds is not helpful to anyone.
Well there is a typical image of people who own staffies/other 'tough' dogs then dump them. Just saying the seemed the typical type seeing as they couldn't even contol their dog around others.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Sorry to hear about your bad show experience. We went to a lovely fun dog and terrier show today. It was a super-dooper show as Parker took reserve best in show!

It was funny watching the junior handler class as the parents seem to put the tiniest child with the largest dog and they have no control over the dog and don't know what they are supposed to be doing. A Labrador charged towards Parker when he was having a happy roll but he is pretty chilled so no harm was done. There was one girl there who was an exception to this and really handled her Clumber spaniel beautifully and I am pleased to say she won.

Didn't like the way some of the children were treating their dogs either-total disrespect for the animal and lugging them about and one small child was nipping her dog. I can see why some breeders won't sell to families with small children in after today!

I can see what you mean about Staffy owners -unfortunately Parker doesn't like Staffies because of a lot of bad encounters with their dogs and the dog that took best in show was a Staffy and he was not too pleased at being near it for the photographs at the end! (perhaps he just didn't like losing to it!!). He looked really nasty and I had to move him away and the Staffy was really nice-tempered but Parker is usually a lovely tempered beastie. If they had been off-lead together on a field they would have been fine.
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Sorry to hear about your bad show experience. We went to a lovely fun dog and terrier show today. It was a super-dooper show as Parker took reserve best in show!

It was funny watching the junior handler class as the parents seem to put the tiniest child with the largest dog and they have no control over the dog and don't know what they are supposed to be doing. A Labrador charged towards Parker when he was having a happy roll but he is pretty chilled so no harm was done. There was one girl there who was an exception to this and really handled her Clumber spaniel beautifully and I am pleased to say she won.

Didn't like the way some of the children were treating their dogs either-total disrespect for the animal and lugging them about and one small child was nipping her dog. I can see why some breeders won't sell to families with small children in after today!

I can see what you mean about Staffy owners -unfortunately Parker doesn't like Staffies because of a lot of bad encounters with their dogs and the dog that took best in show was a Staffy and he was not too pleased at being near it for the photographs at the end! (perhaps he just didn't like losing to it!!). He looked really nasty and I had to move him away and the Staffy was really nice-tempered but Parker is usually a lovely tempered beastie. If they had been off-lead together on a field they would have been fine.
Well done. Our's was supposed to have terrier racing but didn't see anything

We go to a greyhound fun show sometimes and the amount of kids that go in with greyhounds taller than them is awful. They seem to think the bigger the dog the more chance of winning! My friend got best junior handler and rbis today! She has a huge dog but can control him.

A little girl about 3 went in with a chi and the steward had to walk around the ring with her. The mother came running into the ring dressed up for a night out.. not a dog show!

Luckily me and my friends from ringcraft done very well. Between us we got BIS, RBIS, BPIS, BVIS, best junior handler, 6 1sts, 4 2nd's, 4 3rd's and a 4th Not bad considering our ringcraft is hopeless eh
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2010, 08:05 AM
Shame your day was spoilt.

We had our fun show yesterday and it was heaving with dogs---50 in prettiest bitch slightly less in the dog class so must have been over 100 altogether.

One incident with a dog snapping at another in its face but minimal in that it was only a grump and a snap---and deserved! Bit of barking at one point outside the ring---not sure why and one rescue dog went in and I made sure it had a LOT of space, I knew it from 6 years ago when it was stuck in kennels for over 6mths and the you couldn't get it within a field of other dogs----so to be able to have it in the ring and happy was actually amazing. It only did one class so it wasn't a constant problem.

Most of the dogs were rescues. We had a great day.

rune
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2010, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
Well there is a typical image of people who own staffies/other 'tough' dogs then dump them. Just saying the seemed the typical type seeing as they couldn't even contol their dog around others.
But they did not have a Stafford and I know 100,s of stafford owners and none of them are like that.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >