View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2006, 05:22 PM

Bleeding Teats (all of bitch's teats started bleeding during walk - possible causes?)

My mum has just got back from walking the two girls and she noticed about halfway through the walk that Meg's teats were bleeding, all of them! Obviously, as soon as she got hom she took Meg straight to the vets, but I am sat here feeling useless so was wondering if anyone here might have a clue what it is? It sounds as if the vets were worried as they told my mum to get Meg there immediately! I did a search and cant find any info on what it could be

The other dogs are all fine, and Meg's been with me all day and she has been fine until now.. Anyone have any ideas?
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2006, 05:26 PM
aww jessica i am sorry to here of meg not being to good i hope its nothing serious sorry i cant give you any answers i havent a clue im sure someone will be along to answer fingers crossed for your girl
beanieman
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-05-2006, 05:28 PM
i hope everything is ok, best wishes
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2006, 05:28 PM
Thank you. I am worried as im sure it cant be a good sign when all of them start bleeding like that for no reason She should be at the vets by now though so im sure they'll be able to sort her out! Poor little Meg
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2006, 05:33 PM
aww i honestly cant think what could cause this to happen but shes in the best place and they will sort her out sending you hugs and keeping fingers crossed for meg
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-05-2006, 06:11 PM
Hi Jessica Has Meg had a season ? You sometimes get blood stained milk with mastitis, you get this when a bitch has produced milk due to a false pregnancy (or a litter of course) but it is usually accompanied by a high temperature and being off colour..it normally only affects one or a couple of teats though...
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2006, 07:39 PM
Poor Meg, hope she's OK.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2006, 07:42 PM
Any news Jessica?
beanieman
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-05-2006, 09:41 PM
Hey how did you get on
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2006, 11:47 PM
Meg seems better, the teats are still red and sore but not bleeding now. The vet said she must have scratched them on the walk, but im not convinced by that as she wouldn't have scratched them all And there were no cuts or scratches.

She is due to come into season soon (came into season at beginning of December) so maybe thats something to do with it? Other than the bleeding she is absolutely fine. Eating, drinking, happy...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >