Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-10-2007, 07:20 PM

Staffie pup, far to young!!!!!!!!

I went shopping this afternoon, to a little craft village, it is the sort of place lots of people go and take their dogs, they have a doggie store there, that sells all sorts of goodies, (if you like dressing your dogs up, in silly outfits)

As I was walking around I saw this couple walking toward me, with a little staffie puppy, (cant resist , had to have a stroke) but it looked awfully small,

So got talking , as you do, and I asked how old it was........ to my horror they said , oh he is 7wks old

They had a harness on this little chap, pulling him around the shops.

I hid my horror,and tactfully (hard for me) tried to explain to them, he is far to young to be out walking, he will not be coverd by his vaccines yet ......."what vaccines" they said I did not even go into the fact he is to young to even leave his mum.

I was wasting my time, they just looked at me as if I had fallen off a Xmas tree.... and walk away, pulling this little chap behind them.

God , you think you have seen it all, but I guess not.

They had not got a clue, and well , as for the breeder
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2007, 07:27 PM
I'm pretty certain that any breeder letting a pup go so young and to such obviously totally inadequate owners, just has to be breeding for the money and to the severe detriment of the poor dogs.
Makes my blood boil......
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2007, 07:30 PM
How long had they had him though? I don't think 7 weeks is a bad age to get a pup. I got both of mine at 7 weeks.

True though he shouldn't have been out on a lead on the floor, he should have been carried. Also the fact that they had no idea about any jabs for him speaks for itself really. One born every minute.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2007, 07:33 PM
Poor Puppy!

This sort of thing makes me really angry.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

13-10-2007, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
How long had they had him though? I don't think 7 weeks is a bad age to get a pup. I got both of mine at 7 weeks.

True though he shouldn't have been out on a lead on the floor, he should have been carried. Also the fact that they had no idea about any jabs for him speaks for itself really. One born every minute.
Yes agree, 7 to 8 wks is right depending on breed, pups.

Dont know who long they have had him for.....never got to ask that.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-10-2007, 08:01 PM
Just to play devils advocate they might have ment they have had him 7 weeks, I say this as a friend of my mums went off the days she got their yorkie and not the pups birthday.

But as you said it was quite small so makes me think it was probably 7weeks.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

13-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Just to play devils advocate they might have ment they have had him 7 weeks, I say this as a friend of my mums went off the days she got their yorkie and not the pups birthday.

But as you said it was quite small so makes me think it was probably 7weeks.
If they had had him 7 wks, he would be around 14 /15 wks old...........and lot bigger....No, he was 7 wks old.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-10-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
If they had had him 7 wks, he would be around 14 /15 wks old...........and lot bigger....No, he was 7 wks old.
Yeah as I said, You said he was small so it makes me think he was 7 weeks.
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-10-2007, 11:08 PM
Don't assume that because a pup was 7 weeks old that he has come from a bad breeder. He may well have been a result of poor breeding and evidently, his owners have a lot to learn but it's not fair to judge. I'm getting a 6 week old puppy who was born into rescue very soon. He will be younger than is ideal but there's not much choice, as his mum is only 10 months old herself and is struggling to cope with 8 Akita puppies.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2007, 09:20 AM
thats awful

some people have no idea do they ? i mean - vaccines?? common sense really

i got millie at just under 6 weeks old, too young imo but she needed to be away from her mum - she was throwing them around a bit, 7 weeks is just rite - to be carried round places, not put on the floor

millie was only allowed on the floor when she had her 2nd injection, that was only round our close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >