Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2007, 12:28 AM

Desperate in France

Can anyone help at all with a small dilemma? My daughter is in France at the mo, trying to get home. She had a flight booked yesterday but missed it She can just about scrape enough cash together to pay for another next week...... but not enough for the rest of her journey, as there is a problem with her card.

She ordered a new PIN, which was sent.... but the old card was cancelled and a new one sent, which hasn't arrived... anyway, the point is she has no cash.

Is there anyway I can get money to her when she arrives in Stanstead (or in France before the flight), using my card? Or maybe just pay for her train ticket. Sorry I'm a bit dumb when it comes to public transport
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2007, 05:38 AM
have you looked online for flight and train tickets??

sue
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2007, 05:49 AM
I'm sure if you speak to the rail company concerned, they can allow you to pay for the ticket and leave it at the ticket office at Stanstead for your daughter.
This sort of thing probably happens all the time.
I gather you're too far away to pick her up Pod?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2007, 07:08 AM
When I booked my tickets when I went to Africa I just paid for everything in the UK and picked them up as I went along so you should be able to book seats. Many years ago I booked a train from Essex to Cornwall and as long as you reserved your seat you just went along and sat on it!
Hopefully she can get home safely.
Becky
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2007, 08:04 AM
I haven't looked online yet no.... don't really know where to start. Louise is usually very on-the-ball and gets thing sorted herself. I'm waiting to get her on MSN again to get the flight details.

I'm sure you're right Vicki, why didn't I think of ordering her ticket to be collected! And yes I'm right over here on the west coast. If it comes to it though, I will drive over to Stanstead....... blimey, haven't driven that distance for a few years!

Thanks for your help folks
Shirleyc
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-09-2007, 08:40 AM
You could send her a moneygram. They do them at all post offices and you send the cash from where you are and they go into the post office where they are with ID and pick up the cash. Its very handy!! Hope she gets sorted
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2007, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by Shirleyc View Post
You could send her a moneygram. They do them at all post offices and you send the cash from where you are and they go into the post office where they are with ID and pick up the cash. Its very handy!! Hope she gets sorted
Oh thanks Shirley. I'll look into that
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2007, 09:38 AM
It is possible to pay and have the ticket collected like Vicki has said, but I also like the idea of that moneygramme she can pick up at her local post office. I know my mum and dad had to do this for me when I was stuck in Jersey totally desolate with 10p in my pocket!!! Only sweet 16 having gone there to work for 2 months during the summer, my friend went off and left me, so I lost my job and the flat that went with it, very scarey, but I got home thanks to dear old Mum and Dad!
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
It is possible to pay and have the ticket collected like Vicki has said, but I also like the idea of that moneygramme she can pick up at her local post office. I know my mum and dad had to do this for me when I was stuck in Jersey totally desolate with 10p in my pocket!!! Only sweet 16 having gone there to work for 2 months during the summer, my friend went off and left me, so I lost my job and the flat that went with it, very scarey, but I got home thanks to dear old Mum and Dad!
Ah right, you mean a post office in France? I'd checked and there wern't any in Stansted airport. But if I can send directly to her, that would be great!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2007, 09:53 AM
For furture assistance get a pre paid credit card and get an additional one for whomever your sending away. That way if they are stuck without funds you can top it up here in the UK at any post office and within a couple of days they will be able to use the card they have!
Becky
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >