Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2006, 12:40 PM
He cannot be serious - can he????

I came in here thinking it was some sort of joke or something, but after reading through it, it appears this guy must have totally lost it! Somebody enlighten him please, that horses, donkeys and ponies are for riding, not dogs ..... p-e-r-l-e-e-e-e-a-s-e!!!
SBT
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-06-2006, 12:58 PM
Hi Minihaha
I think when you say perhaps you might have got a different reaction to your post if you had expressed your own opinion rather than just posting the link to the website is a good point and I agree with you but like I said the best thing would have been not to have posted it at all,

I think that anything that would harm a dog is a bad thing without question and if putting a small child on a larg breeds back would harm the dog well it goes without saying,

Regarding 'seals and Koreans', the topic was not seals and Koreans I was making a piont just like you have used the disabled to make yours I do realise this section is entitled Dog Related Discussions.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by SBT
did't come back because I was a bit suprised at the way people reacted the veld is not a bad guy and he is an American, I think people were a little hard after all there are things like south korians eating dogs and 330,000 baby seals being slaughterd in canadar ect that is crulty!
(Foxy the Veld is the owner of the site)
Glad you came back SBT. It was just a bit of a strange first post that's all - usually people say hello first.

Don't see what being an American has to do with anything, still doesn't make 'dog riding', or that website, right - it is cruel and dangerous to the dog and has the potential to be dangerous to the child, as well as instilling dubious morals about animals in the minds of minors. If you look at the anatomy of a dog all that becomes obvious. This is a place full of people that love and respect dogs and you can't expect us to nod politely and think, "ah well each to their own" when it is so clearly wrong, wrong, wrong.

And what does the subject have to do with eating dogs or seals? Yes they are worthy of discussion in their own right and in their own place but not as a comparison. Your post was about riding on dog's backs. It's like asking if we believe pick-pocketing is wrong then justifying it by comparing it to murder or something.
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-06-2006, 02:39 PM
I havent read this thread right through, but regardless of the size of the dog/child, it shouldnt be done

Dogs are not horses period.
SBT
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-06-2006, 03:35 PM
Hello Lucky star
What exactly is you point, I think we have established that it is wrong for a child to ride a dog seems like we are going round and round and round.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-06-2006, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by SBT
I think that anything that would harm a dog is a bad thing without question and if putting a small child on a larg breeds back would harm the dog well it goes without saying,
Hi SBT well then we are all in agreement arn't we...
..and you must be pleased that so many here share your opinion...

Added ..why not tell us a little more about yourself and your dogs in the introduction section ......
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2006, 04:19 PM
SBT, no need to be so confrontational, think Lucky star is making the point that other forms of cruelty are just that other forms, and that was not the subject under discussion, we were discussing the stupidity of encouraging children and adults of low intellect to think that riding dogs was an acceptable practice.

Please introduce yourself in the normal manner, when we know who you are we may understand the reason for your starting this thread, at the moment it would seem it was to cause distress.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2006, 09:03 PM
Thanks Thordell, I was indeed saying just that.
alice0675
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-06-2006, 12:22 PM
I never saw the link but from what people have said I find it sickning people would actually do this
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2006, 02:25 PM
I never saw the link either as only just spotted this but I think its sick and cruel and then you have that bl**dy advert with that man riding that dog thats always on the tele at the moment.
Makes me fume as there will be idiots out there who hadn't thought of it now giving it a try.
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >