Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-10-2005, 11:31 AM

still diarrhoea

Daisy still has her runs, though not all the time. She and poppy are going to the kennels today and I'm a bit worried. She is on steroids and is always hungry (a side effect), so we tend to feed her more (and some of our own food too) so I wonder if that could be it? The substance is a little bit jelly-like. This all started when she went through a bin bag outside last week. I spotted a tiny bit of blood in this one today.

she is a bit down at the moment but I think because of the packing and activity in the house, she has probably clicked on to that fact. could that be contributing?
Heldengebroed
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-10-2005, 11:53 AM
Boil some rice in water and let the water cool down. take a cup full mix some sugar in it (for tast) and let her drink it. Normaly it works well, if not see vet

Greetings

Johan
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-10-2005, 12:13 PM
Hi Katrina sorry Daisy is not well.if there are signs of blood I would go to the vets ASAP (particularly if she is going in kennels) then a few days on boiled white rice and white fish to let the tummy settle down, reintroduce normal food gradually. Hope she is better soon.
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-10-2005, 12:51 PM
Thank you both. vet is available at 3pm to speak to so I'll seek her advice too. She's picked up a little bit and is wagging her tail so I'm probably worrying needlessly (hate leaving them) but want to check it out.
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Just returned from the kennels, they settled in well, poppy especially. Daisy looked a bit miserable but then she usually does when I leave her. The vet said not to worry too much, to give her Kaogel and perhaps starve her tonight.

Kennels were excellent and paid loads of attention to their medical care and I feel really reassured. Their little 'apartment' has two rooms, both like conservatories, with inner and outer areas.

Got an early start - 5am - to catch our flight. Speak to you all soon!

(PS I can't believe it, someone has just set a firework off - its not even dark yet )
juliekelham
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-10-2005, 07:49 PM
try putting live yoghart in there food each day