Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
forsythiablooming
New Member!
Female 

31-07-2017, 04:35 PM

12 Year Old Dog Only Peeing on Clean Sheets/Blankets

I have a 12 year old Shih Tzu, who I adopted a year and a half ago, who has always been pretty well house-trained. Recently, however, he has started peeing on freshly washed blankets and sheets.

We have a blanket that covers the area of the couch where he usually sits with me and we wash it regularly. The most recent time we washed it, we had no sooner put it down on the couch when he had peed on it and it had to go in the wash. Once it was washed, we tried to put it back on the couch and he immediately peed on it again. This is despite the fact that he had just been out and had peed outside.

Last night, we came in from out last trip outside for the night and I started to get ready for bed. He always sleeps with us so I put him on the turned-down bed. I looked away for a minute and when I looked back up he had peed all over the sheets. The only common denominator that I could come up with was that we had just changed the sheets that morning.

I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any idea why he might suddenly decide to pee on fresh laundry and how to get him to stop?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-07-2017, 04:43 PM
Put a belly band on him with an incontinence pad in it and then he'll be peeing in vain. If it's scent marking he'll fail.