Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tattoogirl73
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-10-2011, 03:15 PM

Mixed week

poor opie got off to a bad start this week, having a fight with his best doggy friend he's been doing so well since jax left, that i feel i've let him down putting him in the postion of having to fight to defend hisself again. i didn't see what started it, but my friend said she had opened her car boot up and opie may have gone near it. her car is her dogs second home, so won't tolerate other dogs in it. apart from a couple of small scratches both dogs are fine and didn't need vet treatment. opie was at vets this week anyway for his booster jabs, so i did get him checked out then but he's fine.

i was a bit worried about how he'd be with other dogs, but this week must be the friendly dog walkers week at frickley, as a few people have approached me to say hello with their smaller dogs. normally they avoid us he's had a play with springer spaniels, a westie, and jack russell. he's also said hello to an aging labrador, and a thirteen week old jr/poodle cross. one of my other friends agreed to fetch her new dog for a walk yesterday to see how they got on.

here's a few pics

here's opie with penny the little jack russel

my friend tracey, and oh's mam with opie and benji

opie with benji

we will be taking opie to meet reds again on saturday on neutral ground. oh will be holding his long line, so my nerves don't commute down it. it'd be a shame if they couldn't play together, because they have always had such a good time together. fingers crossed the reintroduction goes well.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Aww Bless Poor Opie....Hope you can continue to build his confidence somehow Thanks for sharing x
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Oh, poor Opie

He is a gorgeous boy, and I love his tail
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2011, 10:09 PM
Poor Opie hope the reintroduction goes well.

He certainly looks like he's had fun with his new friends
snakeman
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-10-2011, 10:31 PM
Hope everything goes ok..looks like he is having fun in the pics
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 05:46 AM
I'm sure they'll get over their little spat - it happens quite often with some dogs....

Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2011, 03:14 PM
he's lovely, hope all goes well with the reintroduction, might be an idea for them to walk next to you and the other with the owner a while first though, with just a little distance between them, especially if both males?

PS, was nice to see photos of him
tattoogirl73
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-11-2011, 08:39 PM
julia's still undecided about them meeting up. i think they'd be fine on neutral ground if we let our oh's hold them while we stayed away. i'll just have to wait and see what she says when i go round at weekend.