Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
US results back, thyroid levels normal. Looks like there's no medical reason for him being a pita
I have Hypothyroidism can i be a pita too..lol
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2012, 10:46 PM
You can be a pita if you want Murf
Boxacrazy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-04-2012, 07:35 AM
[QUOTE=Dobermonkey;2496826]
My vet said if i wanted we could trial soloxine but as it can accerlate underlying heart conditions then she would prefer not to (a) Dobes are prone to DCM and b) T4 being a possible indicator for other non thyroidal illness including heart conditions) and retest in 2 -3 months and see where we are then (as its possible we have just picked it up early).

Interesting as I have a Boxer that was diagnosed with hypothyroidism since 18 months old. Been on soloxine ever since with adjustments in dosage over the years.
Now almost 11 years old, and has had several holtors over the years as pedigree was considered at risk of cardiomyopathy/ARVC. They have shown progression over the years, the first holter only showed abnormality in the 2nd 24 hour period. Most people only go for 24 hour holtors.
My dog hasn't tipped into full blown cardiomyopathy needing medication for it - only been given preventative/protective fish oils. Now sadly we have a diagnosis of a heart based tumour since end of January.
Vet only gave us a month max, we are now nearly 10 weeks since that diagnosis.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Sorry to hear that Boxa, big hugs for both of you x

I just dont know what to think at the moment, US would medicate UK says retest then Uk throws in that medication could accelerate any under lying condition (i thought it was the contrary that if hypo went untreated it coudl put additional strain on the heart - but will look into it)
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6