View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-04-2011, 01:11 PM

Dogsey vibes please (Lola has CECS - canine cramping)

taking lola back to vet tonight she has cecs (canine cramping ) but not sure if its turning into epilepsy, she had 6 turns last night and a massive one this morning so much so she was throwing herself all over the room! i had decided not to put on meds as there is no research that it healps only that it can damage the liver BUT we cant carry on like this so im going to see hwat they can give her i think its a sedative someone said but shes such a chartacter i dont want that to change but i dont think shes that bad at times to have her pts.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Hope Lola is going to be ok and the vet can help, thinking of you both x
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2011, 02:11 PM
I also hope Lola is going to be ok xx
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2011, 03:24 PM
Have you tried her on Wafcol Salmon and Potato?

Eliminating possible allergens may well help her

ETA: Also, have you kept a diary to see if the episodes follow any pattern.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Positive vibes from us for Lola xxxxxxxxxxx
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Lots of doggy vibes to Lola plus hudgs and cuddles. xx
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2011, 03:56 PM
Poor girl, it's a very unpleasant condition. Hope they can help at the vets. Can it change into epilepsy ?

There was someone in the Netherlands doing research I think(one of my Wu's brothers is owned by a Dutch lady who is at University studying to be a vet) & I think they have a database don't they ?

I've got a friend who bred Border Terriers, which is the only reason I know about it
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Lots of positive vibes from here.
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-04-2011, 06:24 PM
thank you all fpr your vibes. yes the dutch are excellent on this condition vet is in contact with them from last time.
vet put her on diazapan to see how she goes gave her one 1t 5 and she had another seizure at 6 but nothing like it has been and left her til 5 mins ago when she woolfed down some lovely new food that was recommended expensive but shes only little and worth it if it helps.
have always kept a diary of her episodes no pattern except maybe the hot weather has made her worse but cant do alot about that shes nice and cool in house .
shes booked in next thursday for a test (cant remember what its called lol) but it will test her liver she fasts then bloods taken then they gove her a high fat food and test again hopefully she will have one in there so they can see for themselves.

on a good note got the bill for consultaion and 2 weeks worth of meds had to ask her twice how much it was as was gobsmacked thinking itll be 30-40 quid it was £16.21!!!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2011, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by angied View Post
thank you all fpr your vibes. yes the dutch are excellent on this condition vet is in contact with them from last time.
vet put her on diazapan to see how she goes gave her one 1t 5 and she had another seizure at 6 but nothing like it has been and left her til 5 mins ago when she woolfed down some lovely new food that was recommended expensive but shes only little and worth it if it helps.
have always kept a diary of her episodes no pattern except maybe the hot weather has made her worse but cant do alot about that shes nice and cool in house .
shes booked in next thursday for a test (cant remember what its called lol) but it will test her liver she fasts then bloods taken then they gove her a high fat food and test again hopefully she will have one in there so they can see for themselves.

on a good note got the bill for consultaion and 2 weeks worth of meds had to ask her twice how much it was as was gobsmacked thinking itll be 30-40 quid it was £16.21!!!
Is she conscious during these attacks? PLEASE try to video her it could be very beneficial to research into this if it is CECS. Being no test, definitive diagnosis or cure, all info is helpful. Please will you also fill in the SBTC health sheet, if I give you the link?

I do hope she gets over these attacks very soon.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >