Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2010, 10:41 AM

What other pets would you like?

I thought that I would start a thread on what other pets you'd like.

Top of my list now would be a diamond piranha, I think that they are gorgeous, I love their eyes, and their scales, and I think that you can only admire a Piranha, I probally wouldn't be able to get one for about 10-20 years, but I can't wait to get one, I'm also going round to someones house soon to see thier new red bellied, although I know this person, and don't think that they'd have one for long

Heres a pic of one,

I also love ragdoll cats, particulary seal marked ones, but all of them but all of them have personalities as gorgeous as they look, I had a seal pointed for a while, we took him from a 'breeder' who kept him in a awful state, he had mites, tangles was over wieght and just generally unhealthy, but we only kept him for a while until we got him on his vet diet, all his problems sorted out and found a new home for him, which was heart breaking, but we had five other cats, and they were on normal diets, and allowed out, he would try to eat their food, and would end up with the runs and loose weight, if he went out, well even though he was a raggie he knew how to hunt and would catch and eat birds, which gave him the runs, he could only sustain weight on this one food, so we gave him to be a only cat, and he is doing well, although I haven't seen him in a while.

I also would want a Maine coon, and some other pets too, including more English rabbits lol, but at the moment they are at the top of my wish list, whats yours?
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Other than a horse, there are loads of things I would like.

Ferret
Chameleon
Bearded dragon
Goat
Sheep
Kune kune pig

I think Im gonna need a bigger garden!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2010, 02:39 PM
I would love a horse. Used to ride when I was younger and I miss it so much. Sadly unless I win the lottery that ain't going to to happen!!
loufoxyloxy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-06-2010, 08:56 PM
i would love a horse one day,
my mum had one on loan when i was younger who i used to ride but unfortunatly she got colic ((i think, ) the one where the insides twist ) and the vets were unable to save her i have done some riding since, but at this moment in time i am unable give a horse the time it would need but hopefully one day in the future

i would also like some guinea pigs, some more rabbits another dog

actually there's quite a few pets i'd like and hopefully one day i will be able to have them, ive plenty off time hopefully
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2010, 09:01 PM
The only other animal I really hanker for at the moment is a horse. I am having riding lessons (which I absolutely love) and am looking at going on a horse care/maintenance type course to learn how to care for a horse at home. We have the room and facilities and I will have the time once Ben starts nursery next year, so will probably start searching seriously for the right horse then.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Just a horse and i would be fine! LOL
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2010, 10:10 AM
I must admit I would also love a Gypsy Vanner and a Shire horse, I do also like Saddle back pigs too lol.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2010, 09:36 PM
I have the horse! (well techically pony!) for 7 years which is lovely, and would be lost without him now! (Even if this means I have no money or a social life!! and have to get up at silly am, and get back late at night dripping wet/soaked to the bone!) lol

Hopefully getting gerbils/rats in next few weeks if all goes well. Sometime in the future I would love a degu too.

Greyhounds maybe next year once we've moved, possibly Pigmy goats & teripins in the future if my OH agrees!
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2010, 09:42 PM
I would love a horse, or pony. Probably one of each, a horse to do the big jumps on, and pony for fun

I would love a cuddly pet that isn't a dog, but I don't know what.

Used to have a hamster and a rabbit as a child, but couldn't have them now, Midge would want to eat hamsters, and there is too many rabbits that have that disease, whose name escapes me, so I'd be worried a rabbit would get it.

I've got my chickens, but would you class them as a pet!?!?

x
Jadey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-06-2010, 10:14 PM
I currently don't own any pets
But we're in the process of buying a house and then i'll be getting my boxer puppy and then a rottweiler puppy

I also want to own and breed mini lop rabbits (which i am still looking into)
I would also love to own at some point;

French Lop Rabbits
Blue Russian Cats
Guinea Pigs
Rats/Hamster/Gerbil/Mice
A horse/donkey
Chickens/Ducks
Pygmy Goats
Mini Pigs
Tortoise/Turtles
Albino Burmese Python (I can dream!!)
Corn Snake
Bearded Dragon
Chinchillas
Ferrets
Cockatiel/Budgie/Parrot
&& lots of fish

(And also dogs; Boxer, Rottweiler, Doberman, Patterdale Terrier, Vizsla, Cocker Spaniel, GSD, DDB, Cane Corso, Boerboel)

As you can see animal mad and i hope to own all these (not at the same time i doubt i'd ever have time for that)

OH doesn't know about all of these he thinks getting me two dogs some rabbits and a tank of fish is enough...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >