Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

01-06-2013, 06:35 AM

Joab, Male Staffie, DOB 2009

Joab, Staffie, DOB 2009 - Tunbridge Wells, Kent

Homing Requirements: Joab needs a loving family who are there for him and ideally, at most, work part time. Joab needs time to settle and find his own space as he will cling initially. Joab doesn't cope well in kennels so for emergencies only and should not be a part of his life style. Joab may live with another dog(s) but as a true Staffie his humans are his world.

His Story: Joab was found stray, already neutered but not chipped. He is missing his family and in Rescue was in turmoil but luckily he has a foster place to assuage him. Joab is neutered, chipped and fully vax'd.

Advert: Joab is a tender soul. In transition within rescue he is 'at sea' but when offered assurance and routine Joab does settle. Check out Joab's thread as he is settling more with each day. He is well mannered, housetrained and non- destructive. He can whimper and needs patience to enable him to re-establish his personal space and build confidence. Joab needs his own secure garden and regular walks...but above all companionship.

Joab is approx. 4 years old – a Staffie with a Black coat with white bib and neck and a huge smile. He is active and keen to go, go, go and to settle next to you too. Joab is going to delight a Staffie family and be cherished by them for the sweet soul Joab truly is in a new chapter in his life.

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

***PLEASE NOTE: This ad has been posted by Rescue Remedies Dog Rescue. We are a registered charity (No. 1139407) and our work involves finding unwanted dogs their life long homes. We currently have approx. 100+ dogs under our wing. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £150 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs***.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

09-07-2013, 09:07 PM
Our last photo session with Joab was only 5 days after he arrived. So we were keen to see how he was doing when John kindly brought him down to meet us again.

Well what a lovely surprise ... he has come a long way since his bull in a china shop arrival! He was a positive delight and very cute! Much more chilled, less intense and a handsome, smiling, thoroughly delightful Staffie chappie!

All smiles ...

Cuddle snuggles ...

"Do you dare me"?

"Shall I"?

Ummm I sense you are up to something!

Yep guessed as much ... a Staffie snog! Such a charmer!

Joab is still available for adoption.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

06-08-2013, 02:32 PM

Joab is getting on with life in foster while he waits for his forever home!

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2013, 04:19 PM
His eyes reflect the 'tender soul' you describe him as having.

I always feel a bit guilty reading all the 'rescue' threads as I am not in a position to rescue any of them - but just can't help myself - and they all look so adorable.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

23-08-2013, 09:11 PM
An update from Joab's fosterer:

"Joab has been with RR for about three months and, for most of that time, here in Tunbridge Wells. When he first arrived it was impossible for me to exit a room without him barging his way beyond me, and he would not stop whining and crying for every minute of the day and night he was awake. We certainly don't have the 24 hour cacophony of noise and it's now possible to leave a room with him left inside....and He doesn't make a sound. He sleeps by himself, or with one of the other residents, with no fuss whatsoever. And he doesn'tt now have to settle down right beside me on the settee....he can actually fall asleep in his own easy chair. All of this is great progress, although you might not think so!!

He's a really energetic boy...always ready to go for long walks, and has become sufficiently confident to go with almost anybody who has the other end of the lead. His initial reaction to anything which excites him is to grab hold of his lead and pull and pull and pull. It's difficult to get him to stop on command....I'm afraid all I do is continue walking and within a couple of minutes he's walking very nicely by your side.....and for the rest of the walk. He still needs reassurance and continues to look at you throughout his exercise....but he has begun to roll onto his back and wiggle his body which obviously gives him enormous pleasure.

He's good with dogs and people after the initial enthusiastic welcome.

Joab still has a way to go but he has made good progress in the time he has been with the "rescue". You'll need patience and perseverance but, at the end of the day, you'll have a great and loyal dog who will show you real affection".
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

27-09-2013, 08:20 PM
Joab is still available for adoption – if you are interested in offering a home please complete our homing questionnaire.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

13-11-2013, 09:39 PM
An update from Joab's fosterer:

"We have found a safe area where Joab can run to his heart's content and leap and play with other dogs whose owners have found this large fenced space in the middle of a large wooded area surrounded by open countryside. It's absolutely fabulous for dogs.

Joab adores it. He is proving to be such a good boy....he "comes" most times he's called and "sits" at your feet on command. He plays wonderfully well with all the other dogs....not in the least bit aggressive. And, when it's time to walk home, he walks with a loose lead, not attempting to tug....he's such a happy boy when he's with other dogs especially....and it's so good to see him enjoying life".

Joab is still available for adoption – if you are interested in offering Joab a home please complete our homing questionnaire.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

02-02-2014, 08:11 PM
Lovely to see Joab again at the kennels last Saturday and thank you to John his fosterer for bringing him down to see us.

Here he is ...

If you are interested in re-homing Joab please complete our homing questionnaire as a first step.
Closed Thread