Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

10-04-2010, 08:18 PM

Starsky, Border Terrier x, DOB 12.08

Starsky, Border Terrier x, DOB 12.08

His Story: Starsky was found stray in mid winter 09.

Salient points: Starsky is a Border Terrier x about 1 year old. Starsky can give different readings dependent on his how comfortable he is within a setting; he is very versatile, but attunes to subtle aspects which achieve his acceptance. Excited on seeing dogs outside, better to meet than to be held back.

Advert: Starsky was named as we had stars in our eyes on meeting! A beautiful well-proportioned terrier of a loving nature. He can present as a keen focused terrier with x-ray vision into the horizon then suddenly his eyes meet yours and he is all yours ... washing your face and dancing around as you move ... his trick in the air. A terrier person allows him to meet and smell and have access ... he is happy. Put up a barrier and he'll worry it to death or dance in excitement to try and get close. A terrier person knows terriers have their very own psychology!

Starsky is adaptable when in his comfort zone, but needs his space; given this he will share with you willingly. Quick to learn, but his instincts may interfere! We are looking for a 'feet on the floor' home with an active life style that can manage and offer Starsky the exercise, the space and interests he needs. He is much more comfortable walking with another leaded dog than with an off lead companion ... how is he to understand he has yet to prove his connectiveness in 100% situations to avoid him disappearing over the horizon! He offers so much love, but his safety should always be paramount. Dreamboat!

"Please note this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found".

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

12-04-2010, 08:58 PM
An update by one of our volunteer kennel walkers on Starsky:

"Starsky and Barney were our little stars today! Every time we take Starsky out he is such a joy and a real bundle of sweetness! He is great with other dogs, great with people and rewarded us with some lovely kisses and cuddles, even if he did roll in horse poo first!

I can't believe Starsky is still here, he would make a perfect companion and seems so loyal.

He was so good with Barney today and seemed to enjoy his walk, and of course the attention and treats"!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-04-2010, 08:39 PM
Starsky ... still looking for a foster or forever home!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

24-04-2010, 08:36 PM
An update from one of our volunteer kennel walkers ...

“I can't understand why this little chap is still in kennels. He's so easy to walk, he's affectionate, playful and he doesn't need much. Just a family.

Here is Mum walking him today - and when we got back to the kennels, she brushed him for ages and he loved it”!

lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2010, 09:07 PM
oh he looks like such a sweetie! i hope he finds his forever home soon.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

03-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Starsky had a lovely day out today to Waggoners Wells. One of our volunteer walkers took him and here is her update:

“He travelled really well in the car. My boys enjoyed walking him as he is no trouble at all. He enjoyed his cuddles and lots of treats on the way around. Once back he really enjoyed a butchers bone. Here are some lovely pictures.

Jonny loves Starsky - he is his favourite”!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

09-05-2010, 07:28 PM
Some of our kennel volunteers get out and about at the weekends and take our rescue dogs with them for a break from kennels. This weekend it was Starsky's turn:

"Starsky came to the car boot sale with us today. In the car, he sat on Mum's knee and rested his head on my arm. I didn't want to change gear and disturb him.
We met Amy from the kennels carrying her 8 week old bulldog puppy:

Starsky had a lot of admirers and met lots of other dogs.

He shared my hot dog and when we got back, Mum groomed him and a little later on, he was being groomed again by one of the kennel staff. So nice for him to have a bit of extra attention"!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

15-05-2010, 08:05 PM
New walker Kate took Starsky for a stroll today - what a good boy he is!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

21-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Hello everyone who is taking a peek at Starsky's thread ....... Please see him on youtube too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flDwZOsQ66A
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

23-05-2010, 03:03 PM
An update from one of our kennel walking volunteers:

“Starsky and I thought we would have a slow stroll yesterday but he had other ideas as it was just too warm. So we sat in the shade and had a bit of fuss, took some photos and then had a nice brush in the cool kitchen”.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >