View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-05-2014, 06:06 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Wednesday).

Morning everyone. The sun is shining I hope it keeps shining as I have a pile of washing today and it would be nice to line dry it.
I need matchsticks for my eyes Dillon was a little or should I say big s*d from midnight to 2.45 this morning.
He went out at ten had a wee laid out there for 5 minutes then came upstairs to bed. I watched tele till just before 11 pm. Both settled and went to sleep then at midnight he decided he wanted to go down stairs. 4 attempts and my patience very thin he went down the stairs and settled till 2.00 am Let him out he was ages out there and must of done a pooh as there was lots of scuffing so at 2.45 I went back to bed and had 4 hours sleep till I needed the bathroom.
Nanny napping for me today I feel half asleep and feel like that not had enough sleep grogginess. He is now laying beside me snoozing. I am going to try him out on a walk today the leg seems a lot better.
There has been a cow mooing since about the time Dillon started playing up and at one point when I let Dillon into the garden it sounded like it was in next doors garden or the bottom of our garden. It was mooing on and off till I got up sometimes it seemed further away I wonder if it has got out.

Helena I hope you had a restful night and that the hand is not too painful.
All other poorly peeps and I know there's a few with bad backs hope you are feeling better today.
Eileen I hope your mum continues to progress.
Malka I hope Pereg is now settled and you are both managing a good nights sleep.
All poorly doglets hope they feel better soon too.
I have just realised Lore (Lorraine) hasn't been around for a day or two. I hope she is ok.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2014, 06:33 AM
Morning Lynn and the others
Sunny here too, hope it stays that way, got Lauryn off poorly, she came home yesterday dinner from school. Bad cough that's hurting her head and making her feel sick
After the school run, hoping to get some washing done and take Rosie out
See ya all later
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-05-2014, 06:34 AM
Morning Mandy hope Lauryn feels better soon.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2014, 06:39 AM
Morning Lynn and all who follow,

I decided to close our kitchen Velux blind last night to see if the dogs would sleep for longer this morning. It worked (unless it was coincidence) and I woke them at 7

Another quiet day today as my back is improving and I don't want to do anything to aggravate it. OH has already gone out with one of his cars and won't be back until mid afternoon so other than walking the dogs it will be easier to achieve a quiet day

Lynn my sympathies for your very disturbed night and I really hope you too can have a quiet day. How's your knee today?

To all the other members here who are also suffering with skeletal problems I hope you managed to sleep last night and are in less pain this morning.

See you all later.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2014, 06:40 AM
Good morning Lynn - though sounds as if you feel about as lively as I do this morning. Though it's very good news that Dillon obviously isn't having problems with the new stairs. Size of Dillon - maybe that cow wants to come and play with him?

Add me to the bad back list. Not the worst it's ever been but twinges and ouches. I am deferring our walk until I hear from Roger (dogsit Rog) who I saw briefly yesterday back at Makenzy while picking up more stuff and he said he is coming over today. If he isn't coming too late - maybe we will walk the menace together or stroll to the Tavern with her. Might get Rog to help me plastic wrap and stash these big rugs away too - they are still on the table in front of me here.

Back is self inflicted - I've been squashing myself up on the small sofa and twisting round to use the Laptop for odd bits or watch stuff on iPlayer on it. I'm too old now to sit sideways with legs curled up under me and leaning on one elbow! I need to SIT UP STRAIGHT uncross those legs and support the small of my back and basically, well, act my age?

I was thinking about Helena while trying to get comfy in bed last night. Must be hell trying to find a good position with a big plaster on one arm. Pillow under it is best bet. If she is able to sleep on her back - even better. I can't get comfy on my back and when my shoulders are playing up it's the reason I get hardly any sleep trying to go off flat on back.

I've got to be very disciplined today and get on with these flower category descriptions and care instrucs (there's hundreds and I've not done the A's yet!) Am thinking setting aside 2hrs or so a day and doing it first thing out here will be best. Before it gets too warm. And also leaves me scope to do a bit more later if I feel like it.

Where's my iron self control hat gone to? I've probably hidden it out of sight along with the 'good intentions' and 'sensible' hats!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2014, 06:41 AM
Morning Mandy, you snuck in. I hope you daughter feels better today and you manage a lovely walk with Rosie. Here in the SE it looks dry this morning and heavy showers this afternoon.

You too Tang . The only thing in common with our ouches and pains is age .... who the 'ell wants to get older . I hope you can persuade Roger to help you with those rugs 'cos that is the last thing you should try heaving around. See you later.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2014, 06:54 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

No work today Yippee! Not sure what to do. I have loads of housework (boring) to catch up on. I could pick mum up and go down to Harwich as she wants to go at some point. , However until they have turned up to do my fence I don't want to go too far as need to speak to fencers. Not sure what day they will come all they can say is sometime in next two weeks. Its also tiring taking mum out so do I want to get worn out on my day off or recharge my batteries. decisions decisions.
Not sure what the weather is going to do either. Looks like we had a shower earlier as windows wet although path dry. Sun is out but clouds look threatening and showers are forecast.

I was hoping Charly and Ash would be visiting this weekend but now Ash has to work. I havn't seen them for about 3 weeks. The following weekend they have to get back down to Devon to do a bit more painting on the house, they have several jobs to get done down there before they rent it, to get a better class of tenant. So it could be another month or so before I see them.
I did tell Charly not to worry about visiting as they really need to spend their spare weekends getting the house sorted to be rented and then they can visit whenever they want at weekends. I do miss them though and love having them here.

Lynn what an awful night you have had. I am really badly grumpy if anyone disturbs me when I am asleep. I hope you manage some naps today. Glad Dillons leg is looking better.

Lorraine hope everything is ok with you.

H I hope you managed to get a good nights sleep. Its good you have someone to walk Zena for you.

Hope any other poorly people or dogs are better today.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2014, 06:58 AM
Morning all

Sorry u had such a bad night lynn and hope knee is better along with Dillon's leg.
Pat - no point having this assortment of hats if the only ones youy wear are the "can't be a*sed"" or the "silly" ones
HOPE YOUR BACK DOESN'T GIVE YOU PROBLEMS TODAY jenny and Sally. Seems like there's a curse been put on all the old bones on here....hmmmmm will have to investigate this

Dave home phew. Sainsburys delivery. Shall I get DAVE TO WASH MY HAIR cos he's offered safer to pop into the hairdressers methinks
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2014, 07:08 AM
morning everyone, so on my pointless tour of where i work yesterday, the ICT dept couldn't get their own power point to work. Was too funny.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2014, 07:15 AM
Morning Helena and no mention of whether you had a good or bad night so assume it was good If Dave washes your hair it'll get rid of any oil ingrained in his hands or under his nails, but then you may prefer to go to the hairdressers as they will give you a better blow dry than Dave ..... decisions, decisions
Emmis I bet that was embarrassing for them Have a good day.

Off to walk the dogs. See you later.
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »