Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2005, 04:14 PM

popups and tool bar

have got a huge problem with pop ups and now a stupid toolbar at the bottom of the page that i cant remove......please help me
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-11-2005, 06:27 PM
If you use Windows XP,this has a built in pop up stopper.To ensure this is switched on click on 'Tools' in your browser and then on 'switch on pop up stopper'.

If you use Windows 98,2000 or ME-this does not have one built in so try=

www.panicware.com for a free version.Dont bother paying good money for the other types available cause i didnt have any problems with it on my old laptop.

The most common extra toolbar is the Yahoo one-just go to 'add or remove programs' and you can delete it from there.

Forgot to add that if you use a Mac-Snorri will have to help you cause i dont have this!
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-11-2005, 06:52 PM
Does the toolbar have a name eg Hotbar ?

If it is called Hotbar, try the removal tool:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...r/FxHotbar.exe

What operating system are you using ?
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-11-2005, 08:43 PM
there are different types of tool bars and very difficult to get rid of because they put all they need in the registary what they need and when you delete it it has hiden files so when you reboot it installs itself again normaly a program like adaware and spyware will stop it as roy said if it is the hotbar that tool will remove it and clean the registary have a look here and read this bit this gives you information over toolbars

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Interne...-Remover.shtml

this is a good tool for most of these tool bars but read it carefully and make sure any tool that you use makes a backup that you can restore if necessary