Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2014, 06:44 AM

Morning dogsey daily thread Sunday

Good morning all dogsey peeps and it's going to be a scorcher 19 deg already at 7 am.

Dave will be going up along the clifftops cos he's decided the woods over the road are full of numpties, and all the dogs in there are out of control I hardly meet a soul in there, they must all come out of the woodwork when they know he's got zena.

Lynn, the garden is sounding lovely with all the hard work and new plants, I wish I could get to proper grips with mine, but with one hand it's difficult, and even the lovely clean driveway is getting full of weeds. I doubt I could get a gardener at this time of year unless it's a rubbish one cos they're all so busy. I might ask my new cleaning couple if he's interested cos he seems to know his plants and he cuts the grass well up at the vans.

Jen, that picture of your little Kyla I saw yesterday is divine, and as you know I don't normally do kids, but I make an exception with those two little sweethearts I should have posted in there but now I can't find it lol.

Dave will be repairing his car today cos he brought the bits home to do it, but it's a long old job without it being on a ramp he says. Awww gaawd I hope it goes well, don't want both of us laid up like this.

Hope everyone else is fine along with the doglets, hope Tilly's doing well Debbie, and enjoy your Sunday everyone.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2014, 06:51 AM
Happy Sunday Helena and all who follow.

All sounds good and Dave is right seeking solitude.

Just been out to take photos and am wheezing like an old lady.. Clouds are trapping the pollen. Lovely aroma but..

Found the big reel of white picot edge baby ribbon so all thee baby items will soon be ready for the stall..
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2014, 07:14 AM
Morning H, and RB

Its the Great British Greyhound walk today. There are different walks all over the country organised and all walks set off at 10am. Every greyhound is counted on the walks and the total greyhounds walking round the country at 10am, from all the walks published tomorrow.
I have organised a walk round all the beautiful fields and woodland near me and persuaded the local animal rescue center to let us use their carpark, toilets and cafe as a meeting and finishing place.
The weather is good so hopefully lots will come and we will have a fun time.

H, I hope Dave gets his car fixed ok.

RB hope you feel better soon.

Enjoy your day everyone whatever your plans.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2014, 07:21 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning H, and RB

Its the Great British Greyhound walk today. There are different walks all over the country organised and all walks set off at 10am. Every greyhound is counted on the walks and the total greyhounds walking round the country at 10am, from all the walks published tomorrow.
I have organised a walk round all the beautiful fields and woodland near me and persuaded the local animal rescue center to let us use their carpark, toilets and cafe as a meeting and finishing place.
The weather is good so hopefully lots will come and we will have a fun time.

H, I hope Dave gets his car fixed ok.

RB hope you feel better soon.

Enjoy your day everyone whatever your plans.
Ah that sounds truly wonderful! Have a great day all of you! I will think of you all out there in the wonderful weather and great beauty,, of course take lots of water for the dogs and you!

I will be fine once the hay is in and we have had rain.. Does not bother me as long as I can still work and I deliberately did a very full day yesterday knowing today would be needfully indoors. Planning is everything!

Half the battle in life is knowing your limitations and making provision for them...
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-06-2014, 07:27 AM
Morning Helena Rose and Bev.
Helena I will try to get some photos later I am pleased with it. Next thing is the strawberries when their finished building them their own bed because they don't half take over the garden.
I know how you feel about the gardening I couldn't get seeds going due to my hand being bandaged up at the time of year you should start had the greenhouse but no hand to work with and of course getting soil in the wound would of been a disaster they use to moan the bandage got dirty as it was. Try your gardener if he can't do it he may be able to recommend someone that can.
Hope the car goes well and when is your next appointment(s) next week ?
Rose hope the hay fever eases Gorden is suffering too
Bev have a lovely day today.

We slept till 8 so did Dillon all cream crackered from yesterday.
We are off to Michael and Margaret's at 2 pm for tea and cake and to sit in their beautiful garden.
Think I won't walk Dillon today will have lots of games instead don't want to over do his joints and its hot already too. Best to let him run and play at free will today I think.
Off to put the kettle on and put the washing out.

Happy birthday Elaine if you manage to get on.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-06-2014, 07:39 AM
Morning all [already said good morning to you Rosebud!]

Bev - I hope the Great British Greyhound walk is a success and everyone enjoys themselves. It is very nice of the local animal rescue centre to let you use their carpark, toilets and cafe as a meeting and finishing place.

Lynn - really looking forward to seeing photos of how your garden is developing - it sounds really lovely! I have just telephoned Nir to please come and spray the weeds in my yard properly - my neighbour has had it done twice but I think they spray weed grower and not weed killer as the weeds are taking over everywhere, including my ramp and the paths. I wish I had the guts to knock his charge off my rent as it is her responsibility but it is not worth the aggro.

Elaine - Happy Birthday - hope you have a great day!

Right, washing machine sounds like it has finished the first lot so I had better start the second lot - I have no idea how the washing builds up so fast but I had two lots needing doing today.

To everyone

Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2014, 07:56 AM
Morning all, another hot and sunny day.
Helena thanks for Kyla's compliments, praise indeed from you as you say I will let India's Mum know as well. Hope Dave manages to get his car done.
Morning Rosebud hope that wheeze clears soon.
Bev enjoy that walk I hope all the Greys enjoy it too. You wouldn't be able to meet up at out rescue centre they have an outbreak of Campylobacter and have had to shut down for the time being. (maybe they washed their chicken )
Morning Lynn I shall look forward to more garden piccies, you know me and gardens We have got our own strawberries for dessert today.
Morning Malka beautiful drying weather here
Well I am lost for something to do today.....only 5 of us for lunch! Roast beef, yorkies, roasties,cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and swede, then apple pie or strawberries. Mmmm mmmm!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2014, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Morning all [already said good morning to you Rosebud!]

Bev - I hope the Great British Greyhound walk is a success and everyone enjoys themselves. It is very nice of the local animal rescue centre to let you use their carpark, toilets and cafe as a meeting and finishing place.

Lynn - really looking forward to seeing photos of how your garden is developing - it sounds really lovely! I have just telephoned Nir to please come and spray the weeds in my yard properly - my neighbour has had it done twice but I think they spray weed grower and not weed killer as the weeds are taking over everywhere, including my ramp and the paths. I wish I had the guts to knock his charge off my rent as it is her responsibility but it is not worth the aggro.

Elaine - Happy Birthday - hope you have a great day!

Right, washing machine sounds like it has finished the first lot so I had better start the second lot - I have no idea how the washing builds up so fast but I had two lots needing doing today.

To everyone

malka, please be careful re weedkillers and pereg. These are poisons. I will not allow any here or anywhere my dogs are. Especially if they say they are harmless..... taking no risks with my two...
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2014, 08:09 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Morning all, another hot and sunny day.
Helena thanks for Kyla's compliments, praise indeed from you as you say I will let India's Mum know as well. Hope Dave manages to get his car done.
Morning Rosebud hope that wheeze clears soon.
Bev enjoy that walk I hope all the Greys enjoy it too. You wouldn't be able to meet up at out rescue centre they have an outbreak of Campylobacter and have had to shut down for the time being. (maybe they washed their chicken )
Morning Lynn I shall look forward to more garden piccies, you know me and gardens We have got our own strawberries for dessert today.
Morning Malka beautiful drying weather here
Well I am lost for something to do today.....only 5 of us for lunch! Roast beef, yorkies, roasties,cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and swede, then apple pie or strawberries. Mmmm mmmm!
Oh YUMM

Can you put a plate in the matter transporter!

Settling to a bowl of rice crispies here...
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-06-2014, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
malka, please be careful re weedkillers and pereg. These are poisons. I will not allow any here or anywhere my dogs are. Especially if they say they are harmless..... taking no risks with my two...
Luckily the stuff that Nir uses has absolutely no effect on Pereg - neither does the stuff the people my neighbour gets to spray but they probably water it down so much that it does not work. Nir has sprayed here before [when I have gotten fed up with her guys] and I just have to keep Pereg in for about an hour. Do not even have to close the windows. He adores Pereg so would never use anything he thought might affect her.

The only thing that has ever affected her was that blanking Seresto collar - nothing else, and those weeds have to go. Not just covering the paths but growing between the concrete and the walls of the bungalow, and even though I take a form of anti-histamine daily throughout the year for allergies, I too have bad hayfever - first time ever.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >