Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2007, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by pod View Post
Kath, we have joked about my being picky over your quoted text but in truth this is a serious matter. I was not doing it to be difficult. It is a genuine concern of mine.

[Appreciate that Pod and as I've already said your input has been very good and I have given you reputation points accordingly]

Your posts, not just on this thread, I find difficult to read, and also to find the source as you don't do references. To find the webpage that your colorful post is from, I had to search back to find a link from a link that someone else had posted.

[Perhaps you could be more specific about which posts, or is it just all of mine? Perhaps in a PM as I think this thread already goes off topic more than enough. I'm sorry Pod ...I have tried to reference everything, probably not very well, but I do try With regard to the colorful post it may have been lost as it was the third time I had reposted as per your requests. I tried the separated colors as a way of distinguishing between different 'speakers'. The third time I also added editors quotes as you requested me to do so. Sorry if it still not good enough]

A reference is important to verify that the lifted text is accurate but there is also the legal aspect to consider. If you don't reference and quote properly, it can be considered plagiarism with all the possible litigation prospects. It is also part of the Dogsey guidelines -

[yes, as stated earlier I have attempted to reference and quote in my text where appropriate. Of course I do also write articles and post on another dog educational site so it may be that I have omitted to quote some things as they were my own work ]

http://www.dogsey.com/posting-guidelines.htm

[Thanks I am familiar with these, will have to learn to reference properly though]

I have already apologized for being a pain and again I'm sorry if I have offended you with my requests. It would be such a shame if this thread degenerated into personal insult.

[Not really offended me Pod...belittled me maybe . However I have a big heart and a forgiving nature and since it's about something we both share a passion for...you're totally forgiven

You have my 100% agreement about what a shame it would be if this thread degenerated into personal insult. With that in mind I offer you an apology too, if I have offended you with my lack of intellectual postings, complete with inadequate quotes and referencing. it was not intentional, I do try my best and will try and learn how to do it properly ]

I will however reply to your comment. As I have already stated on this thread, I have been feeding raw for many years, including some bone, which I do still feed in small quantities. I have become increasingly concerned about reports of problems caused by bone splinters and choking incidents and have experienced 3 incidents, enough to convince me that all but the smallest quantity of appropriate bone is suitable to feed dogs. I hope that answers you questions.
I totally understand where you are coming from on this Pod and it's good that you care, and thank you for answering my question, as I couldn't understand why when you read through all of your postings on this topic, you would ever feed your dogs bones
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2007, 11:25 PM
Thank you Kath. It's posts like this that makes Dogsey the wonderful friendly place that it is.

Just want to say I have absolutely no reason to question your articulation or the intellectual content of your posts or anyone else's. I should be so pompous! I'm far from perfect myself and after all, this isn't a creative writing competition. I find your posts very interesting....it's just the quoting and referencing I have a problem with.

I don't think there's much more I can add on that, just to ask that you put a link to a webpage after your quotes or if it's a book or magazine, list the author, date, publication and page number. It's posts 136 & 145 on this thread I thought should have been referenced with a link.
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2007, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by pod View Post
Thank you Kath. It's posts like this that makes Dogsey the wonderful friendly place that it is.

[Thank you Pod, and yes Dogsey is certainly a great place}

Just want to say I have absolutely no reason to question your articulation or the intellectual content of your posts or anyone else's. I should be so pompous! I'm far from perfect myself and after all, this isn't a creative writing competition. I find your posts very interesting....it's just the quoting and referencing I have a problem with.

I don't think there's much more I can add on that, just to ask that you put a link to a webpage after your quotes or if it's a book or magazine, list the author, date, publication and page number. It's posts 136 & 145 on this thread I thought should have been referenced with a link.
[Perhaps you can help me a little more her Pod, as I thought that in post 136 as it was following immediately on, and in reply to leospride's post (no. 135) in which the link back to the webpage was clearly shown and highlighted, that there would be no need to do it again, especially as my opening comment on post 136 reads "Yes Leospride I looked at the link..with a little amusement and I followed the link through ". Is that not sufficient then? Post 145 gives the link back to post 136 and so as I thought beforehand.

As for any text quoted from books and magazines, I'm sorry but I'm not aware that any that I haven't given that information for? Again perhaps if you have more to point out to me you would be good enough to PM them to me as I fear we have gone off track far to much already.

However, thank you for your thorough critique of my postings...at least you're reading them now

I'm off to bed now old sparing partner and this really will be my last post off subject but I'll be happy to continue via PM's if you're so inclined..but tomorrow!
Page 17 of 17 « First < 7 14 15 16 17