Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dreama1205
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-02-2007, 09:52 AM

Moulting Smooth-haired Jack Russell!

Hiya,

I have a 13 month old Smooth-Haired Jack Russell, Henry.

Recently I have noticed he has been moulting a real lot!

You could stroke and cuddle Henry and end up with a hand full of fur.

He hasn't moulted this much, ever...I know dogs moult and heard it can depend on the weather and season changes, but I wouldn't have thought he'd moult so much.

I have a grooming mitten and loads of fur comes off, but it makes no difference once I've finished grooming him and we go back inside the house.

I need some advice in what to do to help him lose less fur...are there any recommended vitamin's or nutrient tablets that I can purchase from a normal pet shop rather than ordering from the internet?

Please, I need your help!
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2007, 10:56 AM
hi there i have jrt and prt and mine are looing there fur now i think its the weather it is very up and down at the mo, i brush ours twice a day with a firm brush as i found this helped to get lots of the loss hair of it will slow down i promise.

i could make fur coats out the amount i get mine...lol
Dreama1205
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Thanx sjpurt

like i said i have a grooming mitten that we saved from our last dog and it's only rubber bristle's. i will have to invest in a brush with firmer bristle's....

thanx again for the advice and help!

Dee1974
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-02-2007, 08:17 PM
Hi there,
try a "zoom groom" they are a fantastic rubber brush which you can buy at main pet stores. They remove all the loose dead hair and have the added bonus of massaging not hurting your wee dog. I cannot reccomend them highly enough after wasting time trying everything else on the market first!!
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2007, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by Dreama1205 View Post
Thanx sjpurt

like i said i have a grooming mitten that we saved from our last dog and it's only rubber bristle's. i will have to invest in a brush with firmer bristle's....

thanx again for the advice and help!

i do have small spare bush you cab trt if you want to beofre yuo go out and bye a new one, this was only used once on pups to settle them then whent and got bigger ones.

if you wouls like it pm me your address and will put in the post for.

sam
Dreama1205
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-02-2007, 08:34 PM
oh, thank you very much for the offer...but, my auntie's given me one. I collected it from her today, she has 2 dogs of her own, so she gave me one of her spare one's. It's quite good actually, I think i'll be sticking with this one for abit...i've only used it the once today so i obviously i can't see the difference yet...

Thank you, once again...
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2007, 08:36 PM
no problems hun great it is working it will take a couple of good brushes to start with but then i can get away with 1 brush aday just to get the last ones of find it much easier,, good luck and am hear if i can help.
sam