View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2020, 02:37 PM
Chris, how was the flat?? Did you get measured up? Has Gary seen it?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2020, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Oh gosh Lynn, hope Dillon will be o.k
Moyra, hope your tummy is better soon
Kazz, sorry your dad's not here for his birthday
Sue...hope tonight is quieter for you
O.k so here goes.....I was calling the hospital, asking how mum was, being told she was fine..she wasn't. Then mum was told she was going to respite, she wasn't happy neither were we. Then she was told she was going to a rehab unit at a neighbouring hospital where she could have visitors ( she can't...it's closed site) she was getting her own room there...no, they are reserved for the illest of patients. She was told yesterday she was going to rugby and to pack her stuff up....she packed, had literally just finished and was told she wasn't going to rugby today, so she asked would it be Saturday...no, you aren't going there, you are going to a care home!! She went mental and was told later in the day that as she needs a hospital bed it was on order and if it didn't arrive quickly enough, she would be sent to rugby if someone needed to be admitted to the hospital.. she said o.k, that's fine she would prefer to go and stay there....she was told, oh no .. it's not
permanent, as soon as your bed arrives at the care home, you will be transported over there!!! It's absolutely disgusting the way she and myself have been lied to repeatedly, I have asked in numerous occasions for the Dr or consultant to call me.... she's been there nearly 4 weeks and no Dr has spoken to me... despite me calling the desk and asking to talk to her Dr knowing full well she was actually sat next to the phone. And of course, to top it off, the Money has been stolen and their answer was just to get in touch with pals if we want to take it further

Think I would be banned if I swore but this has me yelling out loud.

Griff report the theft to the police.

This is not care; but active none care for your Mom.

And from what you say "misleading and untruthful statements" from medical staff.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2020, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Happy Birthday to your dad Kazz.
Sue hope Teazle settles tonight.
That sounds exactly like what happened to Gill griff told they were going here there or home mostly in her case then she wasn't. So upsetting for everyone especially the patient.
She never had money stolen though.

Rang the vet in the end as we had another 2 whimpering sessions. I have been there and back and come back with Pardale it's paracetamol and codeine we are trying this till Monday to see if helps if not he will have to go in to be looked and determine whether it's orthopedic or not. Hoping these tablets work as he will have to go in without us and that is going to be a nightmare.
He has 3 of his 6 daily as soon as I got in. Something is definitely hurting a certain way he behaves. I got home Gorden opened the top door he rushed up the hall front paws on the door and was fine.
Had his tablets, went in the garden came in over the step and cried.
We have now put his ramp there to see if that helps. Something is going on just got to try to get to the bottom of it.
Everything crossed these tablets work for him.
I have cried on the phone to the vet and had a good cry at home to.
Aww Lynn it has all become a trial this lockdown and inability to do what is "normal" hope something works.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2020, 03:17 PM
Weather here gorgeous totally lovely washing dried and sat in the garden all afternoon reading. Going back out there now catch you all later.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2020, 05:42 PM
Lyn, So sorry to hear poor Dillon is suffering. I hope you can get it sorted soon. Amber is driving me potty She has an insatiable appetite and is over weight but if I don't feed her everything she wants she keeps whimpering. She is asleep now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-06-2020, 05:44 PM
So hard Moyra not to give into them.
Thank you for the good wishes for Dillon.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-06-2020, 07:46 PM
Lynn - Hope the pain killers work for Dillon some of what you wrote reminds me of the problems Casey had but he was older. Please let us know what the vet says.

Griff - I now begin to see the trouble you've had with the hospital it sounds awful and you must report the stolen money to the Police. The hospital will likely deny responsibility but they won't like the Police asking questions.

Kazz - We usually watch Gardners World as well. Last night Monty reminded me to thin out the apples which I didn't do last year

Moyra - Hope you have a better night tonight, yes it's hard to refuse our beloved dogs some 'extras' but it is in their own good, being overweight puts a strain on the joints.

Has been a lovely day here but I've now developed a headache so might have an early night.

See you all tomorrow.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2020, 07:48 PM
Good evening all.

We miss those who are no longer with us far more acutely on their special day. My brother in law would have been 80 today. I've spent over an hour on the phone with my sister today. Both my kids and her son and his partner have had a socially distanced visit with her on her garden. She misses him terribly so we have tried to keep her busy today.

I've spent some time today making a start on Gary's packing. I've also spent time trying to convince him that there's a lot of stuff he needs to throw away. We'll get there eventually. I'm also tearing my hair out trying to get answers from shops regarding delivery procedures without any luck so far.

Kelly do contact pals and also NHS England. The hospital is behaving appallingly.

Sorry to hear about teazle and dillon. It's never easy knowing they are in pain but not knowing why
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-06-2020, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I've spent some time today making a start on Gary's packing. I've also spent time trying to convince him that there's a lot of stuff he needs to throw away.

I'm so pleased that the flat is going ahead and Gary will be in better care, yes he'll want to keep a lot of stuff that probably should be thrown out but better if he makes the final decision
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2020, 08:43 PM
Wow Thunder and lightening here now.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >