Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
monkeydonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-01-2009, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by CandyKooKoo View Post
I use lavender oil on the collar of one of my dogs who is still a nervous wreck even after having her two years. Just put three drops (diluted with sweet almond oil), let the collar dry and she is ok. I put this on a weekly basis, as it also makes her smell nice too. Costs next to nothing and it works with her.
Gonna try that, thanks.

Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
So glad it was a success.

I may try that for Looby as she is petrified of fireworks.
The other two arent bothered at all!
I was suprised how well it worked for Wizard as he is usually really awful and nothing helps i thought this might fail but was really impressed

Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
Ám so very pleased for you!

I also use a DAP (but I use the plug in) and find it very very effective for my dog during fireworks nights.

Wys
x
iv'e got a diffuser also but didn't use that went for the collar this time as there are not so many fireworks at new year but this November i will probably use both!

Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
I might look into this next november

I tried lavinder on a skin condition Ben had and he did zonk out all night
and when we 1st had Mia over bonfire night because of her many other issues we had her on rescue remidy for about a month and that really seemed to help with the fireworks

didnt realise how bad she was till new years she refused to come out of her crate all night and then the next night she wouldnt walk in the dark
Its so horrible to see a dog (or any animal for that matter) distressed like that, must be horrible for them and not nice for us to feel so useless.....glad there are more natural remedies out there that work rather than having to use sedatives.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2