Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-09-2007, 01:35 PM

British Gas GRRRR!!!!

Hi,
I'm sick of British Gas, I was on with them until a few weeks ago, what a pain in the butt!!

Any way a couple of weeks ago I got my final bill from them since I have changed supplier now.

Now my usual electiric bill is usually between £45 - £70 depending on the weather etc - that's for three month.

I received this last bill for £149.83 for two months of electric, so I got on the phone, and the woman on the other end is trying to blame the person who previously read the meter, they must have read it wrong! Oh yea!!!

Anyway I have to pay this bill, so I am wanting to write a letter of complaint to the CEO of British Gas, the question is does anyone know who the CEO is?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

In the letter I have mentioned that I am going to contact BBC Watchdog about this, hopefully this will scare them into some sort of admission.

Ian
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2007, 01:49 PM
You're lucky they read your meter at all as now they are only obliged to once a year and can estimate the rest of the time.
Have you got the previous bills to check that the readings were taken and that they were acurrate? If it was under-read then your bills would've been less anyway.

After all if it is taken from a final then reading then it is actually electric you have used and should pay for. So basically you've had a bit of electric on credit!

I don't think there is much you can do as you have used it, but if the extra is too much you could perhaps offer to pay it off in installments?

Even as someone who is disabled you can always get carers to read/check meters, we often get asked to.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-09-2007, 02:06 PM
Hello Becky,

Yes I have all the old bills and the meter reading do seem to be correct. I just think they aren't very good at there job, once I paid off a bill, it was only for £82, I paid in full then I got a red letter, I owed £24.57, got on the phone, according to them the computer had sent out the wrong bill, the total was for £106.57. I don't know how they got it wrong, then they sent out another demand for the £24.57 and then said I owed £23.88! So I don't know what is going on, but something wants to be done soon.

Also my carer moved into the house they are in with now, and the previous tennant was with BG, my carer changed her supplier then the other week she got a demand in for £899!!!! yet she hasn't ever been on with BG, so she handed it to the owner of the property to deal with it - she has been getting her own bills from her supplier.

BG has often being on TV for wrongly billing people etc.

I know it probably won't alter anything but I MIGHT get some kind of response.

I am going to pay it back in three monthly instalments of £50 a month, which is going to be hard to do but has to be done.

Ian