Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Oh dear Amanda Not good! Naughty Cain!

I have a proper lace up type vet's boot which I can bring up and leave in the van Monday when I go up, plus I've got a set of 4 seldging type boots for huskies, they fitted Georgie all round (remember the pics I posted of him wearing them?) so I can bring those too!! Alternative, if you want to cancel (which I'm sure you don't!) that's not a problem either coz I have a woman who's desperate to get in there like NOW, who rang me this morning, so I can always ring her up and she will take your week??? Let me know.

I'm sure you won't want to cancel coz you've been sooooo looking forward to this break and it's going to be gorgeous weather up there again next week!Blooming 'eck Cain!!!!
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh dear Amanda Not good! Naughty Cain!

I have a proper lace up type vet's boot which I can bring up and leave in the van Monday when I go up, plus I've got a set of 4 seldging type boots for huskies, they fitted Georgie all round (remember the pics I posted of him wearing them?) so I can bring those too!! Alternative, if you want to cancel (which I'm sure you don't!) that's not a problem either coz I have a woman who's desperate to get in there like NOW, who rang me this morning, so I can always ring her up and she will take your week??? Let me know.

I'm sure you won't want to cancel coz you've been sooooo looking forward to this break and it's going to be gorgeous weather up there again next week!Blooming 'eck Cain!!!!
Thanks Helen but there's no way we're going to cancel. We are going walking and we are going to enjoy ourselves even if I have to carry him!!!!

He doesn't seem in any pain with it and is running as normal with the boot on. He has four days to get healing first too so fingers crossed. At least the weather is dry, it was so hard to keep clean when he did it in winter when it was wet and muddy.

No we will enjoy our holiday, gammy foot or not!!! Although if you did have a spare boot or two to leave in the van, that would be really great in case his current one gets wet/dirty/lost. Thank you
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Lol! I knew you wouldn't want to cancel! If you DO though, please don't worry, we can fit you in in September when there's a gap, I will make sure you won't miss out somewhen this year, IF, it takes a turn for the worse, OR I will refund you the whole amount, so please don't worry about that bit.

I will go and put those boots in the car now so I don't forget them on Monday, but please keep me informed, coz like I said, I have somebody sitting in the wings so to speak and you wouldn't lose any money or your holiday if you wanted to take it later on ok.

You need to keep it clean whatever you do, otherwise it will get infected as then you will be in trouble. That Iodine spray was a godsend to me when Zena kept cutting her carpal pads coz it dries it out as well as cleaning it out. These things heal from the inside out and can take ages ime, so good luck with Cain's.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Thanks Helen, that's really kind of you Ive taken his boot off for the time being as it's hot, he's sweating through his paws and it's just keeping the wound damp. I think getting some air to it so it starts drying will help. Luckily he's leaving it alone and i'm keeping a VERY close eye on him! I'll put more cream on and bandage it a bit later and definately keep it covered overnight. He won't go outside without it covered. Thankfully this calendula cream has worked a few minor miracles and his last pad healed up a dream so I am praying it does again this time. We'll probably have to do less walking than I'd planned but I thunk we can still enjoy ourselves Hes walking on it without too much fuss. I'll be keeping walking to a minimum for the next four days though.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2