View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2005, 02:36 PM
YAYYY Thanks Steve, knew there had to be someone out there which knew about the stuff!!!!!

Cr*p better have this bathsoon or else it's going to be too warm to be any where near hot water!!

Thank you, really appreciate it.

Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2005, 02:51 PM
ohh no hope your feeling better soon!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2005, 04:22 PM
Poor You M/C no wonder your o/h doesn't like you helping out with the d.i.y. he obviously knows what you're like!! So that makes 2 of us at least who has done something stupid this week! May I suggest some witch hazel for it, as it may calm it down, or of course aloa vera gel from the fridge would be good too.

My o/h did this when he insulated the loft many years ago when he didn't know how evil this stuff was - he was scratchin' for a week! Poor you, try and get some witchazel gel if you can tomorrow at least it will take all the redness away, but have a goot old scrub in the shower first!

Take care. x (sorry no smilies at the mo!)
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2005, 04:41 PM
Thanks Helen yup OH knows what I'm like alright....but I also know what he's like, if I don't do it - it'll sit there forever before anything gets done - this way I get his attention and then he does something about it...not sure if its a winning formula though, just look at the results LOL

I took Steve's advice, jumped in the bath

This managed to get alot of it out - notice that I have small red bumps all over the arms but it feels much better than it did - still have the odd twinges so still a little bit left - rubbed a bit of Savlon on - and will now try a bit of Aloe Vera.

Thanks will pop out tomorrow to get some witch hazel

x i

Originally Posted by Helena54
Poor You M/C no wonder your o/h doesn't like you helping out with the d.i.y. he obviously knows what you're like!! So that makes 2 of us at least who has done something stupid this week! May I suggest some witch hazel for it, as it may calm it down, or of course aloa vera gel from the fridge would be good too.

My o/h did this when he insulated the loft many years ago when he didn't know how evil this stuff was - he was scratchin' for a week! Poor you, try and get some witchazel gel if you can tomorrow at least it will take all the redness away, but have a goot old scrub in the shower first!

Take care. x (sorry no smilies at the mo!)
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-06-2005, 04:54 PM
Germoline is great for minor irritations as it contains a local annestetic.Hums a bit i know,but very good all the same!
Hiya boi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-06-2005, 05:05 PM
First of all you need to wash your arms thouroughly with an exfoliator.If you haven't got one to hand then add about a half teaspoon of sand to around an egg cup of liquid soap or shower gel.If you haven't got sand then sugar will do .The grittiness of the soapy solution will ease out any fibre glass fibres that are left on or in your skin.Rinse thouroughly with hot then cold water and pat dry.
Apply aloe vera gel liberally or an antihistamine cream/gel if you don't have any aloe vera.
Hope this helps.Tried and tested by employees in the local car factory who work daily with glass/fibreglass wool
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Hiya boi
First of all you need to wash your arms thouroughly with an exfoliator.If you haven't got one to hand then add about a half teaspoon of sand to around an egg cup of liquid soap or shower gel.If you haven't got sand then sugar will do .The grittiness of the soapy solution will ease out any fibre glass fibres that are left on or in your skin.Rinse thouroughly with hot then cold water and pat dry.
Apply aloe vera gel liberally or an antihistamine cream/gel if you don't have any aloe vera.
Hope this helps.Tried and tested by employees in the local car factory who work daily with glass/fibreglass wool
Brilliant - thank you - will try the exfoliator trick
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT
ohh no hope your feeling better soon!!
Thanks Hayley think if I do something as silly as that I deserve the pain LOL

Feeling much better though, and there's been loads of great advice from Steve, Hiya Boi and Helena.. which has helped

Hope things are still well with your wee girl can't wait to see the results.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3