View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2006, 10:31 AM
Hitch is a good, funny movie - I loved it (any excuse to see Will Smith!)
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2006, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn
Has anyone seen "Flight plan" is it good?

I can reccommend "Dragonfly" a super film with a really super ending aswell as a few jumpy moments.
Dawn.
I watched flight plan and thought it was quite good....worth a look anyway

man on fire was brilliant,
in her shoes just watched and thought that was quite good also......maybe i am easily pleased.

Entity is one of my favourite films and it still scares me after watching it tons of times
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Most of the "recent-ish" films I see come from the bargain-bin at our local Somerfield store. This is where I got "The Grudge", for about £4.99 (DVD). I didn't think that it lived up to the blurb on the cover, either in plotline or visually - sorry, Grudge-lovers!

My own personal preference is for "epic story"-type films, and, from that point of view, I'd suggest any of "Troy", "Alexander","King Arthur" or "Kingdom of Heaven" - all have good battles and cavalry charges augmenting a decent storyline. (Pretty ladies, too! )

However, the mummy and daddy of them all has to be the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy, but at 11 hours for the three, it's hard to find enough time!

Another decent bin find recently was "Ray" - the biopic about Ray Charles. Jamie Foxx is excellent in the title role, and the soundtrack is, as you would expect, excellent. There's a bit of drug abuse in it, but it wouldn't be an accurate biopic without it.

On those nights when I'm not ready to go to bed, but there's nothing on TV that interests me, I find that any one of the 4 Harry Potter films passes the time quite pleasantly - or a disc from my "Band of Brothers" set (about an hour per episode, just about the right length )

Snorri
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-04-2006, 03:41 PM
P.S. - I think "Man on Fire" is pretty good, too - most films with Denzel Washington are worth watching, IMO - and you don't get Dakota Fanning running around screaming like she does in "War of the Worlds" (a big disappointment, that one ). I liked the bit where Washington sticks the bomb up the bad guy's bum............

Snorri
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2006, 03:47 PM
I enjoyed Crash the other day one film to consider I have recently purchased Nuns on the Run, funny film
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2006, 04:04 PM
Hmm i recently watched Man on Fire, thought it was fantastic.

And have just purchased Flight plan, yet another well thought out fantastic plotted film! (im quite a fan of Panic room, Cellular and Phone booth)
frizzy1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-04-2006, 04:37 PM
yep Man on Fire is a brilliant film,but Flight Plan was a dissapointment,very predictable,not half as good as Panic Room-that was fabulous x
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-04-2006, 04:51 PM
Yep, found "Panic Room" in the bargain bin as well, and thought it a good bit of rummaging (Jodie Foster is also worth watching in anything!).

Tonight (as Mrs S is away ), I'm going to sit and watch my latest purchase - "The Chronicles of Narnia - The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe".

BTW - if you get the chance to rent/see a film called "Defence of the Realm", give it a go! It's not very new, but it's fairly tense (thriller, not horror/gore) - Government cover-ups and the like.

Be careful to pay attention right from the start, and to listen carefully to the background radio reports, they matter to the plot!

Snorri

(with disguise on)
AlbionLass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-04-2006, 05:11 PM
Watch the remake of Psycho, it's beautifully made and well cast.
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Watching Wicker Park tonight it looks quite good
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4