Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2014, 06:09 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily thread - Thursday

Good morning all

Thursday already, I don't know where the weeks go nowadays let alone the days.

Wasn't around yesterday I'm afraid, so not keeping up much, so I hope Winter's back on form Elaine and no other doglets are sick.

Lynn, forgot to say congratulations about Gorden, that's great news, but as I've said many a time, no use looking back, best to look forward and on to the next and it sounds like you've found something already! Hope it all goes to plan and you can really settle down for once.

Sun is shining, going to be another hot one here, so I'm off out early in the woods with Zena in a mo, and then staying indoors doing some sorting out. I need to get into the big hallway cupboard and sort that bedding out, it's all in such a mess, I don't know where to put my hands on anything, it's all wrong.

Must go to the post office for a jiffy bag for my friend's birthday present I bought yesterday, and although I want it myself, I shall keep slapping my wrists to stop me pulling it back out of the bag!

Have a good day everyone and see you all later
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-08-2014, 06:29 AM
Morning Helena. Dillon and I will be going out soon too sun has disappeared but its still quite warm and meant to get warmer.
Oh dear don't damage your poorly hand with all that wrist slapping.

Moyra hope you had fun with the scooter yesterday and didn't get lost on your travels.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2014, 06:39 AM
Girls, you are all a bit premature, Good morning by the way. By the time it arrived and I assembled it and put the battery onto charge there was not enough time to get anything into the battery. I have left it charging all night and after I have been to the doctors this morning just after nine then I shall come back, double check I have all the assembly right and then take her out for a spin. Bit concerned about getting her out over the step. Might have to dismantle her and then reassemble her again. We shall see. Steve didn't offer to help at all. He came over and turned the ignition on and it squealed, obviously didn't like him touching it. Lol.

Have a good day all will report back later.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2014, 07:52 AM
Morning.
Helena I love turning out cupboards, I'll come and do it for you! Enjoy your walk.
Lynn the sun is here if you want it
Moyra Make sure Blue is together properly, thats what happened to Tango when he had to go to hospital. Hubby (hahaha) hadn't made sure it had clipped in properly and it came apart. Hope you have fun anyway

Glossing today and then it will be all finished, hurrah. Carpet being laid Monday. A bit of a pain on my birthday but hey ho.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2014, 08:38 AM
Weather is really nice this morning, so got washer on Helena, can you come sort my cupboards out too? Mine really need doing
Meeting my friend at lunch time, so we can meet our boss to give her leaving present, as my friend is off on holiday, and will not be back in time for her leaving.
Lauryn still not feeling well
Moyra hope you get your scooter out today
Hope everyone and their pooches have a great day
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2014, 08:54 AM
Morning

Another lovely day but sun block will be in order. I'm taking kids to Grandparents and indulging myself in a couple of hours of me time, to include a swim and sadly, supermarket shopping!

OH gave me some bad news - on top of the dad I know with cancer, two more people we know have it. Different types. I feel so lucky to be feeling pretty healthy.

We're running late (as usual) so I'd better get on with it.

Take care.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2014, 08:56 AM
Lol, thank goodness we heard from you Moyra.... i thought blue had taken you off on a merry adventure!
Mandy, sorry to hear Lauryn is still not well, hope she is soon on the med
Helena...what did you get for your friend, i think you should treat yourself to one too Lol
Morning Lynn, hope dillon doesn't get too warm
Morning Nippy, your decorator sounds like he is very quick, unlike me Lol
very warm here again, going up to the town to take a can of polycell back to wilko, bought it yesterday but found i already had one to use, blocked the hole up where the wasps were getting into my porch roof. My dad is up the town working today so i amy go and hurl abuse at him Lol.Dakota has driven me mad this morning, she attacks the lead when i take her away from another dog or if she can't get her own way, i have tried a chain lead... that hurts hands, tried clicker training to no avail, she is really hurting my joints now so today i had enough...... i turned round and came home, i really don't know what i am going to do with her
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-08-2014, 09:22 AM
Morning everyone, sorry to hear about your friends Linda.

Well I have just had the biggest shock I am still shaking.
Mail arrived a few minutes ago letter from Harlow council council tax dept., I thought oh no what now as we had problems with payments last year but when we moved we brought it all up to date. There were all the council tax bills back to 1998 we moved in there November 97.
Looked at the bill on the top said cheque enclosed for refund if not send bank details to them to refund the amount of what I thought was £94.97. Rung them to ask if they could pay it directly into the bank as not happy sending bank details in the post. Apparently they do this to get you to contact them. So he took the details and said you have a refund of just over £2000. Are you sure I said it says £94.97 here which I was more than happy with. No he said the people who have moved in questioned the banding and the council valuer went round and graded it down from D to C so they have to pay our over payments back from 98 to last year. Thing is that would of almost cleared our mortgage arrears if we had thought to contest the banding.
Happy bunny though we can spend it on jobs in here and hopefully get it on the market quicker than we thought.
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-08-2014, 09:26 AM
Morning Everyone.

I'm on tenterhooks now because I reckon Moyra must be out and about now for her debut spin on Blue!
Hope it goes well.

Lovely day here after the storms yesterday but I think we'd better make the most of it according to the forecast - yeah, y'know the 7 day forecast that changes every 12 hours - this coming storm might be nasty.

Full-on day at work today so I'll try to nip in when I can.

Enjoy whatever you're doing.
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-08-2014, 09:28 AM
Way to go Lynn, that's great news.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >