Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-06-2013, 06:11 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Thursday).

Morning everyone. Bit dull here weather wise at the moment but it was this time yesterday too and turned out lovely later. So hoping for the same today.
Dillon had a very good night went into the kitchen at 9pm and I decided to toddle off to bed went into the kitchen to say goodnight to him he usually lifts his head for a stroke and he was out sparko and I quickly followed.
So there was definitely something about Tuesday night bothering him.
Michael reported mum seemed cheerful enough and she had been into the lounge twice and had her dinner in the dining room at least once. He said she picks her food in her room which we all know yet they told him in the dining room she eats much better. Always the same with her if you went to hers and ate with her she would eat leave her on her own and she would stop eating.
I don't think he was overly impressed with the home or the size of the room as he didn't say you did well or anything like that sounded a bit tight lipped over that conversation.
Oh well if they don't like it they can change it. Cause I sure as hell ain't.

Sally thinking of you today. Naughty Jimmi I hope the hedgehogs stay away now.,
June hope you got that tv sorted.
Lorraine hope the massage helped Brian's back and your poor little was it Nephew or Cousin breaking his arm at such a young age.
Linda and Malka hoping you had a peaceful night.
Jenny hoping you and the family are ok and now coming to terms and seeing a way forward with your son.
jenny enjoy your walk. I would tell the decorators and run about the water.
Chris hope all is ok with your mum and that Gary is still doing well. How did yesterday go with Dave ?
Emmis I hope you eventually managed to get some sleep .
Harvey I hope the rains are subsiding where you are and the imminent danger is over.
Helena you are more than likely on your morning walk with Zena. Hope the back is feeling ok and that you have not met any numpties today.
(((Hugs))) for anyone that needs them today.
I'm off to do the packed lunches and feed Dillon see you all later.

Have a safe Thursday.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 06:18 AM
Morning Lynn, and everyone else, including those who are typing at the moment and will post up at the same time as me

Not on my walk yet cos I decided to go back to sleep at 5.30. Off out in a mo though as I've had my morning coffee. Sun is shining, it's another glorious day darn sarf, hope you'll have it soon.

Glad Dillon had a good night Lynn, so that you and Gorden could also have a good night to catch up on the previous one. Those nursing home rooms are always small, but then they have other benefits elsewhere I found when I looked at some, so hopefully, it'll turn out good for your mum and she won't have to be moved again Lynn.

After my walk, I'm off to Asda for some bits, especially veg as I've run out of potatoes again. These supermarket potatoes don't last long do they, plus they don't even taste like potatoes anymore. I think I'm going to find a nice farm shop and see if they're any better cos I love my tatties.

Not much else to say this morning (makes a change!) all is well with me and Zena, and Dave sounded very tired last night, he kept yawning on me over the phone.

Catch you all later, hope everyone is ok today along with the doglets.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 06:26 AM
Morning all

Lynn, glad you had a more settled night with Dillon.

It was my nephew Aaron. Hoping he had a settled night too.

I'm having an easy day today, it's activity days for the first years, which means they go on trips or something round the school. So I am hoping for a relatively easy day.

Ooh just noticed the time, bye folks, see you later.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 06:34 AM
Morning Lynn and all

It's quite bright here atm, hopefully will stay that way.

So glad Dillon has settled down, he was obviously being a diligent dog and in protective mode.

I am glad your mum seems ok in her new home. The room where my cousin is isn't huge but I am sure they are adequate. I doubt you will ever get thanks but at least it wasn't a totally negative response.

I am sorry so many of you are still having a bad time, I hope things look up for you soon.

Things are looking up, I rang the TomTom helpline and explained I was an hour away from returning the devise. I had a totally different experience this time, a lovely young lady (sounded Dutch) helped me sort it, turns out I didn't need a receipt at all and should have just ignored. The instructions (such as they are) did not say this at all, neither did the previous two contacts. I just have to download the latest maps now, about 3 hours worth and it is sorted.

Thanks for your imput guys on the hair, I ended up with an inverted bob. The young student who was going to do it was pushed aside by the tutor who did the cut from start to finish, she said she loved my hair and would like me to be a model next term. It's actually much shorter now which is what I constantly ask for but never quite acheive, and cut in half the usual time, the student was a bit disappointed that she didn't even get to pick her scissors up.

I am off to my cousins bungalow to continue with the decorating, we (sister is helping) are at the putting it together stage which seems to have taken forever!

I hope you all have a good day today.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 06:44 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

Glad you had a good night Lynn a good nights sleep makes all the difference.

Another lovely sunny day but once again that wind is cold. Its lovely to be able to get all the washing out and dry though.
I am working this morning and again this afternoon and evening. I have also been busy trying to organise our areas event for the Great British Greyhound Walk on 23rd of this month. I need to print off some posters and get them out. I have booked the carpark for our meeting place and informed the cafe they may have an influx of people for food drink and to use their toilets.

Glad you got the sat nav sorted Gerri, and are we going to see some pics of your hair? Good luck with the decorating thats one job I really hate.

Everyone else I hope you have a good day and (((hugs))) to those that need them.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 06:50 AM
Did finally manage to get some sleep and just having some breaky before I leave yayy
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-06-2013, 07:08 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Lynn, and everyone else, including those who are typing at the moment and will post up at the same time as me

Not on my walk yet cos I decided to go back to sleep at 5.30. Off out in a mo though as I've had my morning coffee. Sun is shining, it's another glorious day darn sarf, hope you'll have it soon.

Glad Dillon had a good night Lynn, so that you and Gorden could also have a good night to catch up on the previous one. Those nursing home rooms are always small, but then they have other benefits elsewhere I found when I looked at some, so hopefully, it'll turn out good for your mum and she won't have to be moved again Lynn.

After my walk, I'm off to Asda for some bits, especially veg as I've run out of potatoes again. These supermarket potatoes don't last long do they, plus they don't even taste like potatoes anymore. I think I'm going to find a nice farm shop and see if they're any better cos I love my tatties.

Not much else to say this morning (makes a change!) all is well with me and Zena, and Dave sounded very tired last night, he kept yawning on me over the phone.

Catch you all later, hope everyone is ok today along with the doglets.
Morning Helena. Enjoy your walk when you get out there.
I agree the benefits of having two nurses on duty at all times and staff plenty of them and no agency staff used what more can they want for her. Oh well if they feel they can do better let them cause she ain't being moved on mine and Gorden's watch again. I haven't felt that stressed in a a long while. It could of been he is just so tired he has his own health problems and has a 200mile round trip each time and that is his 5th visit in as many weeks and he has one to do next week re: the contract then he is taking some time off.
Grow your own Helena you can buy potato bags now you can plonk in corners of the garden so they don't use too much room. We are trying it next year.

Originally Posted by lore View Post
Morning all

Lynn, glad you had a more settled night with Dillon.

It was my nephew Aaron. Hoping he had a settled night too.

I'm having an easy day today, it's activity days for the first years, which means they go on trips or something round the school. So I am hoping for a relatively easy day.

Ooh just noticed the time, bye folks, see you later.
Morning Lorraine. Glad your Nephew had a settled night.
Enjoy your easy for a change day.

Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning Lynn and all

It's quite bright here atm, hopefully will stay that way.

So glad Dillon has settled down, he was obviously being a diligent dog and in protective mode.

I am glad your mum seems ok in her new home. The room where my cousin is isn't huge but I am sure they are adequate. I doubt you will ever get thanks but at least it wasn't a totally negative response.

I am sorry so many of you are still having a bad time, I hope things look up for you soon.

Things are looking up, I rang the TomTom helpline and explained I was an hour away from returning the devise. I had a totally different experience this time, a lovely young lady (sounded Dutch) helped me sort it, turns out I didn't need a receipt at all and should have just ignored. The instructions (such as they are) did not say this at all, neither did the previous two contacts. I just have to download the latest maps now, about 3 hours worth and it is sorted.

Thanks for your imput guys on the hair, I ended up with an inverted bob. The young student who was going to do it was pushed aside by the tutor who did the cut from start to finish, she said she loved my hair and would like me to be a model next term. It's actually much shorter now which is what I constantly ask for but never quite acheive, and cut in half the usual time, the student was a bit disappointed that she didn't even get to pick her scissors up.

I am off to my cousins bungalow to continue with the decorating, we (sister is helping) are at the putting it together stage which seems to have taken forever!

I hope you all have a good day today.
Morning Gerri glad the Tom Tom seems to be getting sorted and that you are happy with your hair. A lovely compliment you received there.
Good luck with the bungalow it does seem to of taken so long for you and your sister. I suppose you will be selling or renting it out when you are done.

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Lynn and all,

Glad you had a good night Lynn a good nights sleep makes all the difference.

Another lovely sunny day but once again that wind is cold. Its lovely to be able to get all the washing out and dry though.
I am working this morning and again this afternoon and evening. I have also been busy trying to organise our areas event for the Great British Greyhound Walk on 23rd of this month. I need to print off some posters and get them out. I have booked the carpark for our meeting place and informed the cafe they may have an influx of people for food drink and to use their toilets.

Glad you got the sat nav sorted Gerri, and are we going to see some pics of your hair? Good luck with the decorating thats one job I really hate.

Everyone else I hope you have a good day and (((hugs))) to those that need them.
Morning Bev another busy day. You have done well with all the organisation for the Greyhound walk.

Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
Did finally manage to get some sleep and just having some breaky before I leave yayy
Morning glad you got some sleep.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 07:49 AM
So sorry cannot be cheerful today.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 07:53 AM
Good Morning everyone, another lovely day here and the washing machine is chugging away! Back and knees were still bad this morning but since taking my tramadol seem to have gone off. More likely Ambers walk that helped. Have a lovely day all, God bless. Moyra
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 08:02 AM
Top of the morning to you. I'm turning all Irish.
Looks like another lovely day here today. Just finished another lovely breakfast. Been awake since before 6 though. Didn't sleep well last night & woke up with cramp at 5-30.
Glad Dillon let you have a better night Lynn.
Sorry to hear about your Dad Sally. At least he's at peace now which is what you all wanted.
I'm going to kiss the Blarney Stone this morning (you might not be able to shut me up later ) & then we're going into Cork as we have a free day today. We spent the night in a pub round the corner last night. Only called in for an hour but ended up staying till chucking out time. There was Irish music & dancing on so a brilliant atmosphere. OH on the Guiness. - he's not been able to drink for over a year due to medication but he chanced it last night. I only stuck to coke though. We were talking to a couple over from Florida at breakfast this morning - they find the driving difficult over here, narrow roads & being on the wrong side of the road
Have an enjoyable day everyone till I catch you later.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »