Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2013, 06:27 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Thursday

Morning all Dogsey Peops

Had a bit of a lie in today, no surprise there as it's pouring with rain, no sunshine flooding the bedroom, but I'm on a promise, apparently, summer will be here tomorrow (always tomorrow isn't it!). Another walk in the rain for most of us then.

Back is still good this morning, although have to say, last night when saying goodnight on here, it was starting to creep up on me again, so good job I went off to bed with an ice pack when I did cos it certainly did the trick. Osteopath man again tomorrow and at the very least, I hope he leaves me just as I am and doesn't fire it all up again.

Lynn, hope your head is better today and hope you finally sort everything out for your mum and can get on with your own life now that a lot of your problems have lifted. Always blimmin something isn't there for you.xx

Emma, what have you done!!! If only you had put your car keys IN that handbag you would have known wouldn't you. What a palarva you've given yourself now, hope it all pans out ok.

Linda, hoping Loki has stayed fine and you have had a good night's sleep last night.

Sorry, can't think of anything else that's been going on, but I hope everyone is ok along with the doglets.

Off up to the park after my walk as I need to take this new tap up there which is going to be fitted in van 2 tomorrow. Might pop in and get a few bits from Asda for the week-end but apart from that, a quiet day here. I'm almost having a same old same old this week aren't I! One day I will get there.

Enjoy the day everyone, hope it's not raining for you, but I'm sure it is, but this week-end we'll all be moaning that it's too hot (I hope!).
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2013, 06:35 AM
Morning H and all,

Missed you all yesterday and I am afraid I didn't have time to catch up on any of your posts so hope everyone is ok today.

I was up at 4.15 yesterday morning and out walking Lily before we left for our day working on the Greyhound Homer stand at the suffolk show. We didn't stop all day and lily and I never got home till 7.30pm and we were shattered, although I think we feel even tireder today .
It went well though and we gots lots of enquiries from potential new owners and sold lots of greyhound stuff and got a lot of donations for the rescue dogs.

This morning I am at work, then this afternoon after walking Lily again i have lots to catch up on here.

Take care all and I hope you all have a good day.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2013, 06:39 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

I did have a read through yesterday's posts but didn't join in as I wouldn't have been very good company. I had the worse ever visit to Mum yesterday and just felt so emotional. Very unlike me as I spent most of the day bursting in to tears. It was awful and so upsetting seeing Mum in such lost and distressed state. She is without doubt having more and more TIAs.

Any news on Chris (Brierly?)
Helena - I hope your back settles and be really careful with it today.

Have a good day everyone and hopefully the rain will dry up soon. I think we all need some sun to lift our spirits.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2013, 06:40 AM
Morning Bev At least it was a "nice" tired last night, especially with the thought of how much all your efforts paid off for the greyhound rescue there, well done to you and all the others who put in all that time. Hope you've got enough energy left this morning to get all your work done.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2013, 06:42 AM
Morning H and all

It's dull and dismal here too but a lovely weekend is on the way (or so they say)

I am glad your back is feeling better, these things just stop you in your tracks don't they.

Still pretty much out of the loop, but hopefully will catch up.

My sister and I are off to my cousins bungalow, most of the pulling apart has been done, we are now on the putting it back together!

Regarding my recent fall Lynn, I probably didn't post it, I did try on the few days I managed to get online but a couple of times it crashed as I tried to send it. I had taken 3 of the dogs out on a new trail created by the motorbike event that took place here, how they managed to get round without killing themselves is a mystery, where timber extraction had taken place there was a lot of brash and debris around, I caught my foot in something (more than once) and went down quite heavily onto my elbow, I had the leads in that hand so couldn't put my hand out. I thought I had done some real damage as I couldn't use my hand for about 10 minutes but I think it was just where the impact was on the bone. Poor Taz ran to the end of his lead screaming, he thought I was going to squash him!

I hope you all have a lovely day and those of you in warmer climes spare us a thought.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2013, 06:45 AM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Morning Helena and fellow members,

I did have a read through yesterday's posts but didn't join in as I wouldn't have been very good company. I had the worse ever visit to Mum yesterday and just felt so emotional. Very unlike me as I spent most of the day bursting in to tears. It was awful and so upsetting seeing Mum in such lost and distressed state. She is without doubt having more and more TIAs.

Any news on Chris (Brierly?)
Helena - I hope your back settles and be really careful with it today.

Have a good day everyone and hopefully the rain will dry up soon. I think we all need some sun to lift our spirits.
Morning Jenny, and you need lots of ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) today.xxxxxx I know it well, I had many of these bad visits, but you'll be surprised how quickly they pull through and are themselves again. She's in a good home, they will encourage her and look after her and help her to return to the mum you know so well. It's a very tough time for both of you, and I hope your next visit will prove me right here Jenny.xxxx
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2013, 06:47 AM
Morning Bev and Jenny

I am so sorry to hear about your mum Jenny, you feel so helpless don't you.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2013, 06:48 AM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning H and all

It's dull and dismal here too but a lovely weekend is on the way (or so they say)

I am glad your back is feeling better, these things just stop you in your tracks don't they.

Still pretty much out of the loop, but hopefully will catch up.

My sister and I are off to my cousins bungalow, most of the pulling apart has been done, we are now on the putting it back together!

Regarding my recent fall Lynn, I probably didn't post it, I did try on the few days I managed to get online but a couple of times it crashed as I tried to send it. I had taken 3 of the dogs out on a new trail created by the motorbike event that took place here, how they managed to get round without killing themselves is a mystery, where timber extraction had taken place there was a lot of brash and debris around, I caught my foot in something (more than once) and went down quite heavily onto my elbow, I had the leads in that hand so couldn't put my hand out. I thought I had done some real damage as I couldn't use my hand for about 10 minutes but I think it was just where the impact was on the bone. Poor Taz ran to the end of his lead screaming, he thought I was going to squash him!

I hope you all have a lovely day and those of you in warmer climes spare us a thought.
Morning Gerry, oh my goodness, that sounds like a really bad fall you had there, hope it doesn't hurt too much, maybe you should get it looked at in case you've broken something or fractured it in that elbow? I nearly had a stack in some overgrown woodland I went into the other day, I caught one foot in a bramble which didn't break and was like a snare, but thankfully, there was a big tree nearby which broke my fall as I put my hand out. Walking the dog can be an extreme sport sometimes can't it!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-05-2013, 06:57 AM
Morning Helena good to hear the back is still comfortable I hope it stays that way for you now.
Good luck with the tap and you and I are similar in that we get one problem sorted and another pops up. Mind you it seems the same for most of us at the moment.

Glad you had a good day yesterday Bev even though you and Lily are very tired today.

jenny so sorry you had a bad visit to your mum it must be dreadful for you. My SIL's mum has gone into a home with dementure recently and she was saying how stressful and tiring it is. So the younger of my brothers has our mums problems to help deal with plus support his wife.
(((Hugs))) I hope you begin to feel better today and maybe we can cheer you up a bit along the way.

Gorden and I may pop out for coffee later. We were thinking of going yesterday but this home thing went on nearly all day and I was so tired by the end of it I couldn't be bothered. Headache seems to of disappeared today.
I now have given the new home the old home details and told the old home they will be coming soon to do an assessment so hopefully it all goes trouble free now. Famous last words. Both seem happy and Michael says mum seems happy to be moving to a nursing home.
He told me he has told her how hard I have worked since last week to sort this out for her. That was nice as he has had a bucketful too this time.
The head carer when I spoke to her yesterday she let us know mum had arrived back asked which nursing home and seemed very impressed she says she hasn't visited but it is meant to be the best in Brentwood. Its amazing how they can be £100 a week cheaper than where she is now with nursing and mum will be assessed to see if she gets the nursing allowance of £109 a week so how come this basic one mum is in now is £100 a week more with no extra care ? Makes your head spin.
Off for a wet walk in a bit it has been raining and looks like its about to start again.

Have a good day all.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-05-2013, 07:00 AM

Just posted about Pereg - I have been up most of the night with her so again I ask forgiveness for not really being here.

I am in the process of washing tons of bed linen which got pee'd and poo'd on but it is not the end of the world. Just praying that she does not do the usual and have a second seizure today.

Have to do the Bonus Day now. Hope to be back later. xx
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »