Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-09-2007, 04:00 PM

Felt a bit down all day

Hi,

I have felt a bit down all day, then my carer brought some news at tea time, she is off tomorrow, (she usually works it) I said that I'm going to miss her, she said I am the third call that has said that, She said "I feel guilty now for taking time off, am I allowed some free time or what?"

She is such a nice person, apparently one of her calls started crying because she won't be going tomorrow, we have to cope for two days

She asked me why is everybody upset, so I am going to try and put the answer into a poem. I'll post it on here to see what you think.

Ian
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Here's the poem I have just wrote. Would you say it is too personalised, if you know what I mean?

TO ALL CARER’S

Carer’s are special people,
carer’s are like angels,
bringing joy to us all.

You bring a ray of light
to our own sad lives,

You bring hope to all of us,
You keep us going,
with never ending care.

You keep us young,
You keep us smiling,
You bring the world to us.

You pick us up when we feel down,
You sit and share our burdens,
You comfort us in our hour of need.
You see sadness yet always a smile
when you walk through the door.

We like to hear what’s going on,
We like to help if we can,
Many of you are like family to us
that is why we miss you so much!

Our lives are getting shorter,
Our lives are getting duller,
You cheer us up.

You keep us fed,
You keep us clean,
You give us a reason to get up.
You keep us young!

I S Hoggett
7th September

Ian
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Thats a lovely poem hun. Keep your chin up.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Yes, lovely Ian, you'll make her feel like a very special person if she reads that. It's also comforting to know that someone really appreciates what these carers do, coz I was one and I am now for my Mum, and the job is only worth doing when we're appreciated for what we do, not being growled at or ordered about like I have been in the past by one old girl, it quite upset me at the time too. Hope you manage to cope aright when she's not there, it must be tough for you I know.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-09-2007, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Yes, lovely Ian, you'll make her feel like a very special person if she reads that. It's also comforting to know that someone really appreciates what these carers do, coz I was one and I am now for my Mum, and the job is only worth doing when we're appreciated for what we do, not being growled at or ordered about like I have been in the past by one old girl, it quite upset me at the time too. Hope you manage to cope aright when she's not there, it must be tough for you I know.
Thank you, They don't do a great deal for me, it is just the company, it is only for 20 mins 3 times a day but it makes a big big difference. She helps me mentally (My main carer) as she keeps me young as I have said in the poem.

Ian
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2007, 06:00 PM
why do you feel she keeps you young Ian
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-09-2007, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
why do you feel she keeps you young Ian
Hi, It is a well known fact that people who are around younger people don't age as quickly, I think the younger generation keep you going and make you laugh and enjoy life more. Also they radiate energy, which keeps you thinking young. She also keeps me keep up to date on what is going on in life.

She keeps me going, I feel as though I have to be there and strong for her. ( I know I can't really do much but I try)

Ian