Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
monosyllabic
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-11-2008, 10:57 PM

New Cesar Milan series

Anyone been watching the new series on nat geo wild??
I have been recording it and only managed to watch a 2 episodes but it seems so far he has changed his apporach a bit. not seen him pin a dog yet and not heard him talk about him using a bite because that is what a mother wolf/dog would do. I wonder if he has took on board some of the things people have been saying about his methods and trying to change his aproach???? The 2 I have seen have been pretty good imo.

Watch this the next one I watch will have him trying for a dog pinning world record or something like that but I hope he has changed his way a bit
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2008, 12:09 AM
He does seem to have mellowed his approach and is adapting more to the individual situation and listening to what the owners actually want to achieve. I actually quite like Cesar Milan, I don't agree with everything he says, but have one or two favourite Cesarisms:

He says "Every day is a new day to your dog". More often than not it is us that remember and worry about a behaviour then our expectations in the situation fulfils itself. But the dog has probably forgotten what it did last time and is now just picking up on and reacting to your anxiety.

And of course "Calm Assertive attitude". More than anything he may say about dog behaviour the simple truth of this approach is that a calm confident handler is going to be able to deal with situations that arise better than a nervous one.

But most of all I owe him that his series got my Mum over her fear of dogs after a nasty dog attack left her in hospital for weeks over Christmas!
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2008, 09:26 AM
Having not seen it:
I wonder if he has mellowed, or have the editors for the programme cut it to make it appear that way. This is the problem with tv programmes. Depending on what way they cut it, the person can seem very different in their approach.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
He does seem to have mellowed his approach and is adapting more to the individual situation and listening to what the owners actually want to achieve. I actually quite like Cesar Milan, I don't agree with everything he says, but have one or two favourite Cesarisms:

He says "Every day is a new day to your dog". More often than not it is us that remember and worry about a behaviour then our expectations in the situation fulfils itself. But the dog has probably forgotten what it did last time and is now just picking up on and reacting to your anxiety.

And of course "Calm Assertive attitude". More than anything he may say about dog behaviour the simple truth of this approach is that a calm confident handler is going to be able to deal with situations that arise better than a nervous one.

But most of all I owe him that his series got my Mum over her fear of dogs after a nasty dog attack left her in hospital for weeks over Christmas!
Good post
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2008, 11:52 AM
i liked him before i ever had a dog, then when i had my dog all my views changed, i literally cant stand to watch him now!
SamRottLabb
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-11-2008, 10:37 AM
No! I haven't got that channel

But still watching the oldies on sky 3 Will have to wait until they come onto that channel