Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I don't think anyone feels threatened.... just sick to death of these arguments going round and round and round
Spot on !!!!

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Instead of a ban maybe an announcement suggesting that new members do a search on CM before posting so that they can get a general feel for what our long standing members think of him.
Good idea
Azz
Administrator
Male 

08-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I agree with you Azz, would not usually suggest such things, it's just down to frustration watching these threads go the way the do, the same old over again and again
Yes it can get a little tiresome...

How about going on from Nippy's idea, along with adding a bit of BenM's and you guys, perhaps with the help of some of our other members, come up with a 'The case against Cesar Millan' thread - and post all evidence/links/videos in the first post of that thread - that way whenever such a thread crops up you can all link to that and not have to get drawn into the same ol debate

Oh and don't forget to include Dogsey's statement
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-11-2012, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Yes it can get a little tiresome...

How about going on from Nippy's idea, along with adding a bit of BenM's and you guys, perhaps with the help of some of our other members, come up with a 'The case against Cesar Millan' thread - and post all evidence/links/videos in the first post of that thread - that way whenever such a thread crops up you can all link to that and not have to get drawn into the same ol debate

Oh and don't forget to include Dogsey's statement
Yes, think that's worth a go.
Rottie boy.
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Firstly I apologise for such a tiresome thread. The actual thread was about the positives he may bring. I've not seen a thread on that. I wasn't asking about the negatives, as they are obvious and clear for all to see.
Shane
Dogsey Senior
Male 

08-11-2012, 08:22 PM
I am so sad to see this forum being taken over by the beat `em, kick `em, shock `m brigade.
Gosh, I'm a little upset by that comment.
Firstly you appear to be exaggerating the situation quite a lot. From what I have read here it seem obvious that the majority of active posters are against Cesar Milan and his methods.

Secondly,
the beat `em, kick `em, shock `m brigade.
You are using very emotive language to insult people for having or trying to have a balanced discussion on Cesar Milan.

I've never hit a dog or kicked a dog or shocked a dog and I certainly didn't come here to take over your forum with my opinions on CM. I came here because I thought I might learn something from other experienced dog owners.

There are seven billion people on the planet and I ask you to just accept that there are different opinions than your own and these should be allowed to be expressed without being shouted down

I feel quite unwelcome here so will bid you farewell
with Metta
Azz
Administrator
Male 

08-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by Rottie boy. View Post
Firstly I apologise for such a tiresome thread. The actual thread was about the positives he may bring. I've not seen a thread on that. I wasn't asking about the negatives, as they are obvious and clear for all to see.
Hi Phil

The problem is there are very few positives when you look at things as a whole - and even if there were, how can any dog lover forgive the punching, kicking and mental abuse of dogs? What's worse, it's on TV, so other less informed people copy it - thinking it must be ok if it's 'on the tele'.

The sooner the airways are rid of him the better - there are far better trainers out there worthy of air time, who not only help dogs on their shows, but the countless others owned by viewers, who will inevitably try to mimic what they see.

That's where the huge difference lies - thousands either following his ways, or more positive, kinder and modern approaches - which are much more in line with progressive and civilised societies.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2012, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Gosh, I'm a little upset by that comment.
Firstly you appear to be exaggerating the situation quite a lot. From what I have read here it seem obvious that the majority of active posters are against Cesar Milan and his methods.

Secondly, You are using very emotive language to insult people for having or trying to have a balanced discussion on Cesar Milan.

I've never hit a dog or kicked a dog or shocked a dog and I certainly didn't come here to take over your forum with my opinions on CM. I came here because I thought I might learn something from other experienced dog owners.

There are seven billion people on the planet and I ask you to just accept that there are different opinions than your own and these should be allowed to be expressed without being shouted down

I feel quite unwelcome here so will bid you farewell
with Metta
O Lord! Yet another lovely-sounding person leaves Dogsey.

When will you guys EVER learn that we live in a democracy, and there are some people on this planet who may think differently from the majority of Dogsey members.

I have said over and over again how there are some things that CM does that I despise him for, but there are some things that I laud and use on my dogs. They work on my dogs. And yet I am made to feel like I am the cruellest of cruel because I happen to like some of CM's methods.

My dogs are amazingly happy, healthy, pampered and spoiled in the right ways - not by indulging them with treats the whole time, or allowing them to do what they want, of course not - but we bend over backwards to make sure that they are left home alone as infrequently as possible because they dislike this so much, particularly Tai. We don't go anywhere unless the boys can come too, we never go to the cinema, out for dinner, to the pub, or on holiday unless we can take the boys. It is something that we choose to do because we love them so much we do not want to stress them unduly, and because we don't mind the small sacrifice.

And yet I am made to feel the equivalent of a wife-beater because I just happen to like some of the techniques that CM uses.

I'm getting pretty fed up with that I have to say. Why on earth can't we all agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion and stop making lovely people like Shane want to depart from Dogsey.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Hi Phil

The problem is there are very few positives when you look at things as a whole - and even if there were, how can any dog lover forgive the punching, kicking and mental abuse of dogs? What's worse, it's on TV, so other less informed people copy it - thinking it must be ok if it's 'on the tele'.

The sooner the airways are rid of him the better - there are far better trainers out there worthy of air time, who not only help dogs on their shows, but the countless others owned by viewers, who will inevitably try to mimic what they see.

That's where the huge difference lies - thousands either following his ways, or more positive, kinder and modern approaches - which are much more in line with progressive and civilised societies.
Azz, can't you see how bigoted you sound? It is YOUR opinion that there are better trainers out there ... there are many thousands of people who, like myself, can sort the wheat from the chaff and pick and choose what they want to. We are not all thick as planks, mindlessly copying what they see on the telly without thought. Rather than there be this massive vendetta against him, why not raise a Dogsey petition, or a Dogsey suggestions box that could be forwarded to his publicists. Instead of the mad rants against the bloke, some positive comments about how in this country he is not so popular as he is in the States because of the da-d-da-di-da, but some of what he advocates we like - the exercise, the calm assertiveness, the consistency, the rules according to what the owner wants, not what "they" say.

It is this fanaticism that is so unpleasant.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Rottie boy. View Post
You're banging your head against a brick wall mate. Nice try, and an excellent idea, but I think it will end up in the usual tears.

I'm off to watch the telly.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

08-11-2012, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Azz, can't you see how bigoted you sound? It is YOUR opinion that there are better trainers out there ... there are many thousands of people who, like myself, can sort the wheat from the chaff and pick and choose what they want to. We are not all thick as planks, mindlessly copying what they see on the telly without thought. Rather than there be this massive vendetta against him, why not raise a Dogsey petition, or a Dogsey suggestions box that could be forwarded to his publicists. Instead of the mad rants against the bloke, some positive comments about how in this country he is not so popular as he is in the States because of the da-d-da-di-da, but some of what he advocates we like - the exercise, the calm assertiveness, the consistency, the rules according to what the owner wants, not what "they" say.

It is this fanaticism that is so unpleasant.
Speaking out against dog abuse is fanaticism and bigotry? That's a new one on me.
Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »