Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 01:37 PM

Think Mum is going to get her Attendance Allowance

Just spent over an hour with a welfare lady (very, very nice, had a real laugh!)who kindly filled in the necessary forms for me to claim attendance allowance for Mum and her condition. She says we will get it too!!! She cannot believe I'm doing all that I do for Mum either, so she is going to also put in a claim for me to get my carer's allowance. About blooming time too!!! We've both worked all of our lives, paying our dues week in week out, never had a day off sick with benefit, never claimed a penny off the Government, so it looks like we'll now be able to sit on OUR a**es and get paid for it!!! Lol! I just love the sound of that!!! And for once, it doesn't matter how much you've got in the bank or how much hubby is bringing home, we are entitled to this Attendance Allowance because of the state Mum has now found herself in - unfortunately I know, but at least something good will now come out of it
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 01:45 PM
when you fill out the endless forms Helen photocopy everything they have a habbit of looseing stuff and asking you to fill in others forms ( which ask you the same questions) ....like hey are trying to catch you out

well done
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 01:46 PM
Well, she went off with said forms, I've got nothing here??!!! Methinks me better go and write down EXACTLY what I said befor I forget then hey?!!!!

Thanks Inca!
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 02:11 PM
its true,they ask you the same q's only in a different way
so b careful
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 02:21 PM
Good for you im pleased your getting what your entiled to like you say you, you pay your taxes for years so its only fare you get help now all the best and hope your mums ok.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by cc22peatree View Post
its true,they ask you the same q's only in a different way
so b careful
then they turn you down on lack of info ...you appeal and have too answer it all again in a different way ..its like no one trusts what your saying

if you are turned down first time and many are you must reapply as many are turned down thinking they won't bother again
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 02:27 PM
I was turned down for DLA when I first fell in, so we got some more forms, and my Aunt (who works for DWP) told us to write "No Change" in all the boxes.
We did, and I was awarded DLA.
Since then, when I've had to re-apply for it, I've not filled the forms in properly, just written "No Change" in all the boxes lol

I hope your Mum gets what she can Helena!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 02:28 PM
It's well deserved Aitch. Hope it goes some way to help
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 02:35 PM
Thanks guys

I have already filled in forms last September when Mum broke her ankle and I couldn't get any help for us then, so was doing 24/7 for her!! They came back with we didn't qualify for Attendance Allowance!!

This time, with the help of the Nursing Sister who came to see my Mum,she sent this Welfare Officer round to us today, and she said that EVERY single form SHE fills in, they get paid! So I'm really hoping our one will be no different! She also said that the only reason we never got it last year, coz we should have got it by her reckoning, is because Mum hadn't been back in this Country for 6 months, but now of course she's been her 8 months, so that's why she thinks we will definitely get it, we more than qualify.

It will be interesting to see how much we will get too? I don't know anything about all this coz I've never claimed for anything from the Government in the past,thankfully never had to anyway.

She has promised me she will forward my Carer's Allowance forms on to me, but she says I can't claim that until Mum is actually getting her Attendance, but I am to date it from today's date, the same as Mum's claim.

She was certainly on OUR side too, which was a pleasant surprise, didn't expect that!!! I'm sure it makes a big difference that I am not filling these in myself, but they have been filled in by a Welfare Officer don't you? I would have thought so anyway,but we'll just have to wait and see. I'm the eternal optimist though!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
It's well deserved Aitch. Hope it goes some way to help

Thanks Vicki, it should do, coz at the moment, if I want to pop out for an hour or two I get one of my friends round to sit and chat with Mum (and make sure she doesn't MOVE!!! )and I usually end up giving them a tenner, well, even though they're my friends, you can't expect somebody to down tools, come over here and sit and chat for an hour or so can ya! At least if we get this money, I can use Mum's to pay for this (whilst I go out shopping to spend mine! Lol!)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >