Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 09:06 AM

Christmas TV

What a load of rubbish! Bought Radio Times yesterday and am appauled at what is on...........I thought one saving grace of being on my own at Christmas was I could watch what I want but it really is bad
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 09:21 AM
I know what you mean it really is just rubbish makes you wonder why we have to pay tv license as there are so much old repeats on
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 10:23 AM
Not even a good film!
The Great Gildersleeve
Dogsey Junior
Male 

10-12-2005, 10:38 AM
When I was a child it was the one time of the year I bought a tv listings mag and looked at all the programmes I was going to enjoy over the festive fortnight, now I agree there is so much less to watch but its not just a BBC fault, its the same across every channel and I have to admit most of what I will be watching or listening to is on the BBC.

The problem is more channels just means everything is spread more thinly and because there are more channels to fill but the same amount of programmes available they are repeated to death so we know them so well and have seenthem many times and to blame the BBC for that is a bit unfair.

We dislike repeats unless its a favourite of our's then usually we are happy that's its being shown again. Other shows are held back because of rights problems or because they know that there is a market for a DVD.

And because people want to see upto date new films/series and in colour preferably alot of the older material I'd love to see whether in black or white or colour is not shown.

And finally some programmes are held back or not shown for fears of those viewers who complain on political correctness grounds.

Nearly all the programmes I'm watching this Christmas are documentaries featuring artists from years ago like Dave Allen, Tony Hancock etc...

and listening to BBC7, Radio 4, Radio 2 and BBC6 Music.

Commercial radio in this country still sticks to playing the usual kind of programmes that they do all the year round.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 11:37 AM
its getting worse every year always repeats rubbish films still we all got dw to go on and thats alot better than sitiing down watching some rubbish film
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 11:44 AM
I know total rubbish ..should i set up a webcam so you watch puppies instead
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 11:46 AM
ooh now that would be brilliant
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 12:07 PM
Yes please Inca
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-12-2005, 01:54 PM
Yeah i remember getting the radio times at chrimbo when i was young and excited about the films that would be on, but now with cable TV most films you've seen about a million times before they come on real telly

Anyway it will give us a chance to appreciate the real meaning of christmas
Christmas Pudding
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by Sweep
Not even a good film!

I was hoping for some good films, but they were all on last year. And the year before that...
I would much rather watch Inca's puppies
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >