View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2012, 07:50 AM
I am on the Kent Coast, the best of both worlds, beaches and beautiful countryside not far from each other.

I moved here from Essex nearly 8 years ago and i don't regret it. Essex is lovely to but not where i lived (Thurrock) used to be quite nice but when i go there to visit family i can't wait to get home to Kent.
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Surrey is nice! A bit pricey, but plenty of waitrose's, lots of towns but open places too. The parents neighbors barn conversion is on for a snip at 600k.

Again the Sussex's are nice and kent too. Even oxfordshire, buckinghamshire. There are loads of nice places but mostly it's reflected in the price.

Personally I'd rather buy as by renting for so much you're really paying someone's mortgage! I guess a £900 payments on a mortgage would give you around £220k so you have to weigh up whether it's more important to own your own or live in a bigger property.

Or, you could move up north; I quite like it here!
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2012, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
I am on the Kent Coast, the best of both worlds, beaches and beautiful countryside not far from each other.

I moved here from Essex nearly 8 years ago and i don't regret it. Essex is lovely to but not where i lived (Thurrock) used to be quite nice but when i go there to visit family i can't wait to get home to Kent.
I am just down the road from GreyhounK, also on the coast and previously lived in Chelmsford, Essex (about 1/2 hour from ClaireandDaisy).

Much prefer Kent to Essex. We have fields one side, beach the other (you can sea the see from the end of my road), 2 min drive there are parks and woodlands. 10mins or so there is a BIG M&S and retail park (DIY stores, clothes stores, pet shops etc). There is a Waitrose, but thats further round the coast and not as much of a nice area.

Canterbury town isn't far to drive nor is Dover, and there are several good pubs and seafood places around here too
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3