Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2016, 06:40 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday, April 20

Good Morning everyone, not so good a night as the previous one but still better than they were. The little green pill didn't seem to work so well last night so I took some extra anthistamine to help it along.

Nice to see you popping in Eileen and to note how fast the babies are growing too.

Lynn, hope you will soon get over the disappointment of Gorden not getting that job. So many schools do that, spread the duties around other staff and give the other staff a little extra money but overall save on their budget.

Griff, hope all is well with you and your Mum and her friend.

Jenny had to laugh at little ones shopping trip with you and her granddad and granddad keep forgetting things. She is so old fashioned for her age bless her.

June, hope your back is a bit better today too and the girls didn't give you too much of a hard time of it last night.

Mandy, hope you are not struggling too much. Take care everyone and have a good day. God bless.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2016, 07:19 AM
Morning Moyra and all Dogseyites!
I bit overcast today, hope it stays dry Brian wants to plant his potatoes.
We had vertical blinds fitted yesterday and I must say I am very pleased with them. I slept much better and I think it was because it was darker.
Nothing planned today, just gardening!

btw TW yes Kyla had a pencil and her list and ticked them off. Took us flippin ages to do the shop!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-04-2016, 07:32 AM
Morning everyone sunny again. Make the most of it weather news was we have low pressure coming in Friday onwards and will get chillier.
Typical just as we are getting use to the sunnier warmer days.

Hope everyone and their four legged friends are well today.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-04-2016, 08:33 AM
Lovely morning here, like you say Lynn, its going to get colder,as long as it stays reasonably dry I'm not bothered really. Lots of people have been putting plants in, but we always get a cold snap before May arrives and although tempted I've not bought anything as yet. Went quite cold last night as my car had a sort of frosty look about it this morning.
Will get girls out on the river or for a walk round, and then make a start on the garden. Stuff that needs to be binned will go and I'll pull the border fences up ready to be painted. Can't do a lot if Nigel's re-turfing but I can get myself organised.
Hoping this new stuff does eventually help you sleep Moyra, when do you go back to the doctors.
How's Dillon today Lynn, any change at all now he's had another injection
Nippy are you going to have a relaxing day after the shopping trip with Kyla
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2016, 08:35 AM
Good morning everyone

Sorry you didn't get such a good night Moyra hopefully it will improve soon.

Lol at Kyla and her pencil and list a proper little shopper Pleased you like your new blinds we will have to get some when wee have the new conservatory done.

Hope you feel a little better today Lynn. Something will appear for Gorden when least expected in the meantime onwards and upwards with the house getting it ready to put on the market.

Lovely and sunny here today. Teazle walked and one load of washing out. Bedding now in machine and thinking of having a potter in the garden. We were hoping the people doing our conservatory would be here as they said we were penciled in for today but with the forecast for Friday and the weekend perhaps its a good thing as there is carpet to stay on the floor and furniture which is very heavy and I doubt we would get it into the lounge,

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-04-2016, 09:21 AM
Hello to all who have followed. Lovely walk but Dillon was a bit of a pain sniff cock, all the way.
It seems a little easier June he was limping before home though as usual but we did do the longer route today. Will see how he is after rising as the day goes on. If any improvement it is very minor, he is dashing around a bit more madly than he had been so maybe that and all the supplements are helping with the pain. Not sure tha madly dashing about helps at all though.
I do not mind if it turns colder could do without more rain though.

Sue hope the conservatory is sorted soon and to your timetable.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2016, 10:01 AM
Hi, have heard from Basildon Hospital this morning with two appointments. I go for my scan on Friday at 3.35pm and then see a consultant on Thursday 28th April at 9.15am so all is happening fairly quickly. Dependant upon whether these appointments are still kept by them.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-04-2016, 10:55 AM
Lets hope they do Moyra.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2016, 11:17 AM
Good Afternoon all
Got up very very late, not feeling terrific and woke up 3 times during the night..boiling hot and then freezing cold, couldnt make up my mind if i wanted the quilt, my fleece or nothing Lol
Moyra, best of luck at the hospital...i am at my hospital on 28th too
Nippy, i am chuffed to hear your granddaughter passed her theory!! and very good to hear that grandad eventually remembered everything on the list Lol
TW, i hope Nigel doesn't appear until you have the funds to pay him but i am sure he would hang on a couple of days for payment...he knows you will pay him.
Lynn, i hope you see some effect from the cartrophen, mind you they seem to make new discoveries every year with arthritis in animals, there is laser treatment now too..marvelous
Sue, i hope the workmen either turn up and get it done sharpish or wait until the weather is drier...you certainly don't want to be hoiking furniture around
I have decided the little bit of waste garden at the top is going to be decked...it is a tiny area, the deck will only be about 1- 1.2m but large enough to put a chair on, i have been booted off my big deck area by the animals Lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-04-2016, 11:46 AM
Back from walks, we've been on the river and its beautiful down there, still a bit like trekking down landfill with all the stuff thats been washed up,and lots of the riverbank missing, beginning to green up a bit now, unfortunately the flood didn't wash away the Himalayan Balsam or the Giant Hogweedand that is taking hold again. Girls are getting the hang of clambering over it all, Mabs still trying to get through the way she always used to,then going for the new way.
Hoping the dry weather helps Dillon's wonkiness,it does me anways.
Totally whacked with throwing the ball into the river, Zen is getting the idea now and pouncing on the ball, digging holes along with Nana Lona, they have somehow managed to lose a bright pink gel ball, 2nd one this week. You'd think it would stick out like a sore thumb wouldn't you but can't find it.
Am going to have a butty and a brew, watch the news and Doctors, and see if I feel like doing an hour in the garden, I need to really.
Decking area sounds lovely Griff, and if the dogs take it over, you can go back to the one they've left then
Sue, its a good time to do building work with it being dry, so hope they get a move on with it.
No sign of Nigel
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »