View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tommyboy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-08-2014, 10:03 PM
You can buy glucosamine for dogs on zip vit here in the uk. I bought them for our old girl to try. Unfortunately they didn't work for her as her problems were far more complex. They are far cheaper than any of the other sites offering the same products and quick delivery times. It's definitely worth considering as a preventative measure, they certainly won't do any harm. The capsules are easy to open and I just sprinkled the contents on her food, she didn't seem to notice they were there and ate her food with her usual gusto.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-08-2014, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Did the vet not recommend Metacam? I am suprised as it worked wonders on our dog. Have a word with your vet about the product ,arthritis won't go away but you can ease the problem so the dog doesn't feel the pain so much.
Metacam is a NSAID. Non Steriod Anti-Inframmatory Drug. Knowing what prescribed NSAIDs did to me for arthritis - and I still have un-healed and impossible to heal ulcers in my GI tract even though I stopped taking them years ago, there is no way I would ever give a NSAID to my dog.
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-08-2014, 06:06 PM
Hello Marshall! Welcome!
You can get glucosamine and chondroitin supplements in the UK quite easily. The stuff for humans from Holland and Barrett is perfectly acceptable for dogs and they often have it on special. If you're looking for good fish oil, you can't go wrong with tinned sardines or pilchards. They are cheap as muck and delicious-- though you may find yourself buying breath freshening treats to counter the... ahem... fragrance.

I would recommend Metacam only if there is arthritis present. It's a painkiller, not a preventative. It is a very effective painkiller, but if you can work with fish and supplements now, you may not need it yet. A good diet will certainly help!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-08-2014, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by Strangechilde View Post
...[snip]...If you're looking for good fish oil, you can't go wrong with tinned sardines or pilchards. They are cheap as muck and delicious-- though you may find yourself buying breath freshening treats to counter the... ahem... fragrance.
As a tin of sardines costs nearly £1.50 here [and tinned pilchards are not available], they are a special treat for me, so it is much cheaper for me to buy Fish Body Oil capsules for Pereg.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2