Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 01:21 PM

Xtra dog fleece harness or perfect fit harness

Hi all
Mya has a halti body harness but I notice how much calmer she is when she has her fleece coat on in the rain and wondered about getting her either the xtra dog fleece harness or the perfect fit harness from dog games. Any opinions/experiences of both? I need one with the ring on the front as she is very strong when she sees something interesting she is mostly off lead but we do have to walk on the pavement next to a sometimes busy road to get to our walks.
Many thanks
Tracy x
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 02:15 PM
I have a fleece one for Jago and it fits him perfectly. I'm sure the perfect fit is actually the better harness though, more adjustable and you can replace the individual parts as required. I have no issues with the fleece one though, very happy with it. It doesn't have a ring at the front though, is that something they can add on if required?
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 02:24 PM
Bo has the Perfect Fit one.

We have only had it for about 3 weeks or so, but it is VERY robust! a very high quality product. The front D ring is super strong so no worries there.
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 02:39 PM
thank you both, that's good to hear that the perfect fit one is really strong.
I was looking at the normal fleece ones too but with it having no front ring I wasn't sure if Mya would put all her weight into it and have me over
Think I need to sweet talk hubby tonight
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 03:03 PM
I have used the fleece one with a double ended lead and Jago's collar, it gave good control
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by Fred&Mya'smum View Post
thank you both, that's good to hear that the perfect fit one is really strong.
I was looking at the normal fleece ones too but with it having no front ring I wasn't sure if Mya would put all her weight into it and have me over
Think I need to sweet talk hubby tonight
I have another 'regular' fleece harness which is exactly the same as the one you are looking at, but from a different company. The Perfect Fit one is a lot better in quality, strength and fit.
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 07:10 AM
Well I sweet talked hubby and decided to order the perfect fit one last night (I wasn't allowed pink or purple though that was the agreement ) Hopefully I've ordered the right size and it gets such good reviews too.
As I don't want to leave Fred out I'll order him the xtra dog one when I get paid, he's like a feather on the lead compared to Mya so I know he won't break it
All excited now can't wait for it to arrive
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 07:33 AM
i can't work out the sizing on the perfect fit harness??
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 07:42 AM
I measured Mya's girth and then went off the breed size so I'm hoping it will be right. I went for the 40mm range LML she's 84cm girth and that's right in the middle of the LML and that's the size for a large boxer, fingers crossed
I got the front clip one too.
I'm sure if your unsure if you give them a call they will help.
It also says they will exchange bits free of charge if you get the sizing wrong
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 10:23 AM
I've been impressed with Dog Games customer service - they are very helpful. Plus anything I've ever ordered from them has arrived within 24 hours, which is impressive too!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >