Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sandgrubber
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-03-2015, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by Musher View Post
I reallllllly wish "pet lovers" could get a job at a rendering plant to see the disgusting crap they put into pet food.
I strongly believe that anyone who has seen what I have seen would never ever again feed their dog or cat this crap because in the true sense of the word it is crap, quite literally in some instances genuine bovine, equine, porcine and/or avian EXCREMENT.
My dogs wander around after the chickens and eat their poop. They scramble to find cat poop when we take walks.

Is this ok cause it's semi-organic?
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2015, 04:13 PM
"Thank you very much but I'll stick to raw"
"Jealous of my feeding"

Nobody suggested you change, so why the sarcasm? There are plenty of ways for dogs to get Omega 3 and fish is not part of a dogs natural diet, anyway. Dogs make for terrible fishers and do not eat fish worth anything in the wild.

Lol, what is up with this snobbery attitude that so many raw feeders have? Why not just feed what your dogs do well on and let us feed what our dogs do well on? Why adopt the attitude that you're better by making posts such as "pet lovers"?

Musher, you should know full well that there are other ways that owners endanger a dogs life, health, and well being (recall you speaking about having to kill your dogs due to this). How people are bent on one thing, but seem to exclude other important aspects is really short sighted IMO.

People can keep, rear, and feed their dogs how they want to, and it's not something that should be sneered at.
Dr Salter
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-03-2015, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Nobody denied that her dogs are healthy, she said they are and I believe her. It's just that it irks me when people front their snobbery and call dog food "muck" and say they have no idea why people feed it. If you truly are that clueless as to why people feed dog food to their dogs, then I feel sorry for you.

Except she isn't that clueless and she said that just to talk down on non raw feeders, which as others have said... and I agree... does not belong on this thread. Dislike feeding dog food all you want, but IMO you should keep condescending statements and sarcasm out of your statements.

It does not strengthen them, and it's the reason so many people feel that many raw feeders not only shove their feeding in your face as something you should be doing no matter what, but also think themselves as automatically better owners, as well.

Sorry, we all know that kibble feeders can be just as great of dog owners (or better) and their dogs can be just as healthy (or healthier). Why, I can think of a person right now who is a kibble feeder and her dog is perfectly healthy and a show dog at Crufts. The snobbery really needs to go... that's all I'm saying.
I agree 100%
halfpenny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-03-2015, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Musher View Post
I reallllllly wish "pet lovers" could get a job at a rendering plant to see the disgusting crap they put into pet food.
I strongly believe that anyone who has seen what I have seen would never ever again feed their dog or cat this crap because in the true sense of the word it is crap, quite literally in some instances genuine bovine, equine, porcine and/or avian EXCREMENT.
If most people could see what I feed my dogs they would jealous and/or grossed out. I would love to post a pic I took of 7 week old puppies "wolfing" down some fish innards that consisted of about 50% fish eggs.
I say jealous because it is higher in healthy oils, fats&acids, proteins&acids and minerals, fish heads that are very high in vitamins&minerals, fats&oils, all healthier than what most of us poor humans can even afford to eat.
I say grossed out because of our inherently weak ego.
"EEEEEEeewwww! guts!!!"
Where I live there are idiots that have brought in Ag(agricultural)animals that carried ad Cow Disease/BSE/Brain Rotting Diseases. Because these idiots thought they were getting a deal on the animals we now have this disease in deer and elk. And not unlike the Bovine Tuberculosis(which some other idiot introduced here back then) in the 50's and 60's it(BSE) is wreaking havoc with the endemic species. Thus far we, that live off the land, have not had any problems in the human populations and I am happy to say that I have not noticed any symptoms in my my K9 running partners. When/if I do see symptoms I have made up my mind that charges will be brought down on any and all that are directly and/or indirectly responsible for this madness, this abomination this grossly disrespectful act of selfishness, this environmental terrorism.
That said, many of my dogs had shown many symptoms brought on by eating the garbage that the rendering plants told me"Don't worry. It's all cooked to higher standards than the human food industry." and here's silly little innocent, trusting, gullible me believing that toxins, diseases, antibiotics, growth(and other injectable)hormones, hair, feathers, beaks, cartilage, hooves, partially digested hay, grass, straw, grains and other feeds and the entire entrail system as well as the heart,liver, kidneys and lungs and all their parasitic pests can have all the "bad stuff cooked out of them". To believe what I was told ypeople who are more in love with a few $$ on their payroll than they are with their very own lives..... I admit I must've been utterly mad. or as I said completely gullable, childishly trusting....

Thank you very much but I'll stick to raw(traditionally gathered,,,easily digested,,,hormone and antibiotic free ORGANIC fish, wawaskaysi, amisk, wahchusk, moossooss, wapati, beef, pork, niska, wapoos, sisip, chicken, wiinishkw, turkey, and/or whatever else I can harvest,gather,shoot,trap,)meats I can feed to my canine carnivorous.
I suppose you gut all the animals you feed to you dogs, because the large intestines are full of faeces too!
You do realise that people keep dogs in towns and cities, they live in flats, how on earth do you expect them to feed like you do, hell, even RAW feeders couldn't live up to your expectations!
If nothing else, your arguments have strengthen my disagreement with raw feeding and I will continue to feed my dogs 'McDonald's', because obviously all kibbles/ wet food are the same regardless of source and quality of food.
As I guess the raw feeding above is the same as feeding spent, antibiotic filled battery hens kept in squalor.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2015, 11:34 PM
I think the biggest problem i have with commercial dog food is that i just dont know what is in there. When i feed my dog raw liver, chopped carrots, tripe and lamb i know that is what my dog is eating ... aside from the antibiotics and other chemicals fed to the animals and sprayed onto the carrots. I just do not trust the dogfood manufacturers. That and the evidence i have of the benefits of raw plus the fact it is cheaper all add to persuade me raw really is best for my dog.
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-03-2015, 04:12 AM
Originally Posted by halfpenny View Post
I suppose you gut all the animals you feed to you dogs, because the large intestines are full of faeces too!
You do realise that people keep dogs in towns and cities, they live in flats, how on earth do you expect them to feed like you do, hell, even RAW feeders couldn't live up to your expectations!
If nothing else, your arguments have strengthen my disagreement with raw feeding and I will continue to feed my dogs 'McDonald's', because obviously all kibbles/ wet food are the same regardless of source and quality of food.
As I guess the raw feeding above is the same as feeding spent, antibiotic filled battery hens kept in squalor.
None of the food I feed to my dogs are "battery hen" type. I raise chickens and other animals. Perhaps the wild geese and ducks may have some pesticides and other "crap" in their digestive tracts when they come back North but everything else is organic as all-get-out and a great deal of it is actually "wild", even the beef and pork are "organic"?"pastured"

And... Yes I agree that my K9s' diet would be very hard to replicate for urban and even most other pet owners. It's just that according to my observations most humans, in our human ego, have a rough time time seeing another's point of view unless it's thrown at them "not politically correct".
I will say in my defense that I am what some may refer as "a lucky SO-" or "spoiled rotten". Yes I am lucky to have been raised as I was. Yes I do have what some would call the luxury of my chosen lifestyle.
I don't expect anything from people other than to hear what I have to say just as I hear what they say. It's my opinion. End of story.
If people can't accept my opinion T'aint my doin.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2015, 05:15 AM
But your insinuation that people think this and that of you and your dogs diet is the issue. You would never catch me feeding my dog fish guts, even if they were given to me for free. We do not eat nor bring intestines into this house. Yuck.

I don't know you well enough to be jealous or call you lucky. I don't know where all that is coming from and I certainly have no interest in your areas climate or lifestyle (back to being attacked by bear). No thanks, if you choose that lifestyle, so be it, but I certainly wouldn't.

Not sure why you seem to think others are envious when there hasn't been much presented that would or should make them so. As for the sheer number of dogs you have... give me a billion dollars, still not a chance I own more than two dogs.

Raw Feeding is for those who like it, who have the time, money and patience for it, and whose dogs thrive on it. It's not for everyone. In any case, you wouldn't see me feeding any dog fish guts... so that is all yours regardless.
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-03-2015, 07:42 AM
LOL. Alas. My regard is minterpreted again. I am guessing my ability to communicate in English isn't as good as I thought.
How do I unsubscribe from this forum?
halfpenny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2015, 09:21 AM
Why would you want to unsubscribe?
I'm sure you have a wealth in interesting stories and knowledge, but it doesn't mean others don't. Not all people here are just 'pet lovers', many are trainers, competitors and rescuers and even if they are just pet lovers, what's wrong with that.
I, personally, enjoy a good, civil debate. It can educate and make you research your choices, whether it changes your opinion or not, it can only make your arguments more valid and stronger.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2015, 10:01 AM
Musher ... don't you dare go!! I am sure there are many of us who delight in your stories and i for one am fascinated and extremely jealous of your way of life. It is in fact the only sustainable way ... when civilisation collapses as it surely will because we have passed the point of no return, those who survive are going to have to learn to live and survive without the modern aids of electricity, cars, supermarkets, everything that makes our modern way of life possible.

Please dont go ... you are a refreshingly different breath of air on this forum!! x gnasher
Page 47 of 56 « First < 37 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 > Last »